“Excellent Service Keeps Me Coming Back”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times over the past 4 years, and it's the excellent customer service I receive that keeps me coming back. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and have often worked to accommodate me when booking a reservation on short notice. In addition to the top-notch service, this hotel has recently been remodeled and boasts comfortable, clean rooms and a well-laid out breakfast area. Basically, this is the only hotel I consider staying at when I'm in Newport News.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we were down for my daughter's softball tournament. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the hotel (including the bathroom in the room) was clean. There was a gas grill out by the pool, which we used to cookout for our 'team dinner' the last night we were there. The only downfall of this hotel is that the pool is the center of part of the hotel, and it's open until 10pm. So if you stay there in the summer and there are people in the pool, you can forget about getting to sleep before 10pm...it's too loud. And the breakfast was not great. They served the same thing all week, and it tasted like it'd been frozen. Thankfully, there is a Cracker Barrel you can walk to just down the street.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is an excellent hotel to stay at The staff is great the pool is great and they have a grill on the pool deck Save yourself the expense of eating out We really like this hotel we will go back There is plenty to do its a short drive to the beach a mall across the street

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Over all a good experience. People and Staff were polite and helpful. Had my husbands shirt launder there, collar and cuffs came back clean but could still smell his deodorant on it,so that was not pleasing. Because I have my own cleaning business, I notice things that most people don't, so for my standards the room could of been cleaner but to most the room would of been very satisfactory. Bed was not that comfortable both my husband and i woke up soar,but once again that is just mine and my husbands preference to firmness not a bad thing for Hotel purposes. Breakfast was good , had plenty of choices for the health conscious and those that have a sweeter tooth both would be satisfied. Over all this was a good place to stay , the price though was not, even on a discounted rate through Expedia we paid too much. would stay again if rate was better. more economical.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Awesome experience. Room was excellent, pool was excellent, everything was on point. There's even a world class gym on site. I stayed at a Fairfield Inn Marriott the following day and it just could not compare. I highly recommend this hotel to future travelers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay. The room/suite was beautiful, and the hotel is close to everything. Check in was quick and easy, and the hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Whenever we revisit the Newport News area, this will definitely be our first choice for a hotel stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I didn't give Hampton Inn much of a thought before this stay. We were in Newport News for a basketball tournament and this was the best rated hotel in our price range. I was definitely pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the condition and cleanliness of the room/hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Marriott Hotel Newport News at City Center
Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News
Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News
#7 of 39 in Newport News

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Address: 12251 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602-6970
Location: United States > Virginia > Newport News
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Family Hotel in Newport News
#3 Best Value Hotel in Newport News
#3 Romantic Hotel in Newport News
#4 Business Hotel in Newport News
Price Range: $105 - $163 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point) 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point) Hotel Newport News