“Thank You:)”

Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Huntington, West Virginia
“Thank You:)”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very clean hotel and very friendly staff. Our stay was very comfortable and our rooms were cleaned everyday. Breakfast was great for our family to start our day.

2 Thank shelby j
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Point Plaza Suites & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Newport News. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Being right next to 64 and near the City Center Mall it seemed like hotel was 20 minutes from everything else we wanted to do. We really liked the convenience.

We stayed in a suite for a week and the room was large, clean, had average hotel beds, but no one liked the pillows. Biggest complaint about the room was that the shower had absolutely no water pressure

Breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that your shower did not have any water pressure. Would you mind sending me an email at Loni@BeckCompanyHotels.com with your suite number so that I can pass the information along to our Maintenance Department and get it looked at? Thank you again for your review and for your help in making us a better hotel.
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My brother and I stayed at the Point Plaza in Newport News, Va from June 8, 2012 through June 10, 2012. We had a suite reserved. We were upgrade to the bridle suite at no extra cost for our stay.We had two full bathroom. One with a shower the other with a Jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean. The hotel offered a full complementary breakfast that was out of this world when it come to complimentary breakfast and they also offered a complementary movie theater with 2 recent movies and popcorn. They also had two extra long gas grills for guest to use. The decor was beautiful, the cleanliness was top motch, the service was very friendly, helpful, professional. My Suite was wonderful, was like a 2 room apartment.The hotel is very well located right off of I-64 exit on Clyde Morris Blvd (where everything is!). The rooms were large, comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly. Tawanna ( you are the best) the front desk receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. Point Plaza keep up the great work. I recommend this hotel to all staying in the Newport News area. This is my hotel of choice when I am in the area. If you are going to Newport News and need a hotel room, do yourself a favor. Book it at Point Plaza Suites and Conference Center and ask for Tawanna, she will ensure your stay is a great one.

Vincent Steele
Hamden,CT

Room Tip: Get a suite!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vinnie S
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Point Plaza Suites and Conference Hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were so pleased with Tawanna. I am sure that she will be happy to see this review and we will pass it along to her. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great customer service and great suites! We loved the size of the room and the clean bathroom. The front desk service was very accommodating. We will stay there when in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Point Plaza Suites and Conference Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we provide you with great levels of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my first stay at Point Plaza, and from this experience anytime I need a hotel room in Newport News, Virginia the Ooint Plaza is the only one for me. The decor is beautiful, the cleanliness was top motch, the service was very friendly, helpful, professional. My Suite was wonderful, was like a 2 room apartment. And the amenaties were nice also as in addition to the morm they even have a Movie Theatre that is complimentary for guests, and so is the Popcorn, and they also provide a free full breakfast that was delicious. And it's right off I-64, so it's easily accessible. Last but not least I found the Suite pricing excellent. You can get a Suite for the same price as a standard room at a big name hotel. If you go to Newport News and need a hotel room, do yourself a favor. Book it at Point Plaza Suites and Conference Center.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Point Plaza Suites and Conference Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you again for your review.
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I booked this place because my kids wanted a hotel with a pool and since it was kind of chilly outside, I had to get an indoor pool. The hotel is very well located near the I64 exit on Clyde Morris Blvd., which would takje it to Jefferson Ave (where everything is!). The ooms were comfortable and clean. The pool was nice and warm, but it had too much chlorine, whch didn't stop my kids from swimming forever. The front desk offers DVDs to watch in your room free of charge, but make sure you ask for the DVD player remote control and instructions on how to make it work. The breakfast buffett was great and plentiful. I highly recommend this hotel, not too expensive but with the amenities of a higher class hotel.

Room Tip: I booked through HOTELS.COM and got a great price. Ask for for the second floor which seems much qui...
1 Thank farrierjr
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Point Plaza Suites and Conference Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy our indoor pool and complimentary movies. We hope to see you next time you stay in the area. Thank you again for your review.
Middle Village
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Checked in on Friday May 4,2012 thru May 7, 2012. It was ok place to sleep nothing to write home about ... The reason I booked this place was it was close to where my son is stationed but the next time I know I will think twice before staying here...Breakfast was nice in the morning...The housekeeping did not entire my room the entire time I was there and there were someones letters in the draw so I dont know how well they clean when and if they do, they didn't make the bed or bring new towels thank god we had enough to make it till that Monday..However they were in the hallway upon leaving my room..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Karen B
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying at Point Plaza Suites and Conference Hotel. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I have passed along your review to management for further review. Please also contact me at Loni@BeckCompanyHotels.com so we can obtain additional information about your stay. Our rooms are cleaned daily and with a little help from you, we can find out why your room wasn’t. Thank you again for your review and for your help in making us a better hotel.