All reviews front desk choice hotels free breakfast yogurt cleaning staff exercise room very nice hotel definitely stay here again mall microwave jefferson
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Nice, clean, smoke-free, safe/secure, comfortable...ample parking, free on-site continental breakfast. Staff was very pleasant and the stay was awesome. Would certainly stay there again and would recommend to friends/family.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We called prior to arrival to find out if we could check in early. We were told that they were sorry and they were sold out the night before. No problem , we were told that room would be ready by 3PM . We arrived at 4PM and was informed that the room was still not ready so we went to the pool. The front desk people were very nice and professional but we witnessed the maid staff being rude to them and felt bad for the nice lady running the front desk

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very nice , the staff was courteous the breakfast was very good, the beds were comfortable. I was so tired from being stranded at the airport. For 11 hours, this hotel was very nice to me and my grandchild.

Trip type: Traveled with family
dpage2017, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Chzhdmt:

Thank you for the review of the hotel and the kind words we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I gave this an excellent due to Mike the reservationist that greeted us Thursday evening and the wonderful renovations! Mike is a truly wonderful asset to this hotel. He is friendly, engaging, professional and handles the business of the desk like an expert! I told him that he started my birthday weekend off on the right foot! It was extremely busy, but he never lost his smile!! The ladies that ran the breakfast buffet deserve a shout out too! The hotel was packed and they handled all the requests and the craziness, with the utmost professionalism. They were friendly and always smiled! We stayed here a few years ago and I swore I'd never return, due to the conditions of the room and the rude people. However, the room was beautiful! The staff, amazing! The bathroom had been redone as well as the beds and pillows! The bed was comfortable and in great shape, the sheets fit the bed and the pillows were perfect! We will definitely be back!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for 4 nights, given its central location to food and shopping. Didn't disappoint in that aspect at all. Everything was pretty much walking distance for me. Was relatively quiet, which was a good thing. They seemed to be having a small problem with cleaning staff- had to have a supervisor come remove my trash one day. Would advise people to look over their credit card during their stay, as mine had an odd $529 hold placed on it which no one anywhere could explain. Thankfully it was released- the day after i checked out. But it made that card pretty much useless for the remainder of the trip. The pool wasn't available; I am guessing due to the weather just beginning to get warm. The front desk staff, both day and night, were as pleasant and as helpful as any I have ever encountered. Definitely made even the card situation a bit less irritable- Thank You.

Date of stay: May 2018