“Great Place”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Richmond
“Great Place”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great location that made traveling to several different baseball fields for a weekend tournament, plus right next to a mall to entertain the team. Had a better than average breakfast - much more than you usually get. The room was comfortable & clean. The only thing that was wrong was the laundry room. Its a very large hotel and only 2 washers - one was broken. In the middle of my 2nd load, the washer broke. The staff went out of there way to help me by taking the wet laundry to the hotel facility to finish. Our baseball team was able to go on the field the next day in clean & dry ballpants! Just beware, the doors are heavy & slam closed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CINNGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I thank you for your comments regarding your stay with your baseball team. We take great
pride in our staff and their ability to be proactive in addressing a guests need as it pertained to
aiding your team's laundry needs when our on site coin machines failed. We look forward to
hosting your team in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stay at this Comfort Inn regularly as my daughter attends Christopher Newport University, which is nearby. Hotel is convenient to several places to eat. Average rooms and amenities (complimentary breakfast). Hotel rooms are pricey in this area, and the value of this hotel is about average.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your comments and your business. I am pleased that our property
provides for you a convenient location when visiting your college student. We have some in room
upgrades scheduled for the upcoming year that I feel will enhance your overall experience
with us and improve your perceived value as well.
Baltimore
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for just 1 night and really enjoyed it. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the free breakfast was delicious. We don't have any complaints. We felt welcome and the employees were very accommodating. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool but I'm sure it was great.

• Stayed September 2012
We greatly appreciate your patronage and your positive comments regarding your stay. It is our
goal to provide a clean, comfortable product and deliver the best in customer service so you can
come to expect it each time you visit our area and stay with us.
Manassas, VA
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel is ok. My main complaint was the mildew odor in the room which is a big deal to me. I think they need to replace or clean the air conditioning unit. The bathroom had been updated except for the misfitting toilet tank lid that slid around every time you sat down. The breakfast was good however I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GardenerVA
CINNGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We appreciate your comments which gives us the feedback necessary to address your concerns.
We must be dilligent in making certain that our single room unit air conditioners are functioning
properly and have their settings appropriately programmed particularly in the hot summer months. We will strive to improve the deficiency you encountered and hope we have the opportunity to better serve you should you choose to stay with us again.
Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I appreciate that this hotel does not discriminate against pets weighing over 35 pds. That being said, some renovations need to be done! The bed was quite uncomfortable and every time my husband turned over the box springs squeaked. The wall air conditioner needs to be replaced as well. It looked like it had a lot of dirt in it or perhaps mold? Whatever it was really got our allergies going! The tv had vertical lines all through it so it was useless to try to watch my home shows on TLC. On the plus side, breakfast was decent, and I found the staff to be very nice. We enjoyed the pool too and you can't beat the location of this Comfort Inn as far as the airport and mall go. It really has potential and I hope to see it renovated in the near future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
CINNGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments about our hotel. And would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay with us. I am adding to our projects this year to replace some of the box springs in our guest rooms and have replaced the one the room you stayed in so other guests won't experience the same issues. I have also had our maintenance crew go through all the rooms to make sure that our A/C units are cleaned and and filters replaced. We have checked with our cable provider to make sure that our cable system is working properly. They also mentioned that they were having technical difficulties during that week and have fixed this problem.
Without your comment we might not have known about these problems and we appreciate that you brought this up to our team. I am hoping that on your next trip to Newport News, you would consider staying with us again.

Angola, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Staff was ok not real friendly I had to spark a conversation first. The out side pool is not good. My kids did not like to swim outside and it is not good for when it cools down either. My kids only swam for maybe 15 minutes. The rooms we had were very small and worst of all they smelled like mildew. Beds were clean though, towels and wash rags has no stains and no hair on them this was a plus. The only thing that was the nice part is that there is a lot of stores walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CINNGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I woould like to thank you and apologize for how our staff member at the front desk reacted to you during your arrival. We have always worked hard to train our staff and make sure they understand our customer service standards and expectations. Unfortunately, this was not the case during your arrival. I have mentioned this incident to the whole staff and made sure this incident does not happen again to our future guests. We are also glad you mentioned the musty odor in your room caused by the changes in weather conditions. We have been experiencing high humidity in some of our guest rooms creating that smell and raised airconditioner temperatures to eliminate this problem. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you and your family and hope that your will give us a chance to serve you better during your next visit.

Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I was generally pleased with the Comfort Inn Airport. The rooms are large and well furnished, the bathroom was a bit dingy and worn appearing, but clean, and the breakfast was a typical Comfort Inn Breakfast. My only real complaint was a barking dog in an adjacent room. I am a pet owner, but would never take a dog into a hotel if it was prone to incessant barking all night long. That is so inconsiderate! I did not call hotel management to complain, but feel they should have dealt with the problem. It could easily be heard all over the first floor of the hotel, and if they didn't hear it they were either ignoring it or not keeping track of their facility. Other than the noise, I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
CINNGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Hotel Newport News, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent trip to Newport News. It is the policy of our hotel to inform the guests with pets that they should not leave pets in their rooms. Unfortunately, the guest next to your room ignored this policy. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Most times when the staff at the front desk is informed of similar problems they are able to inform the guests and was able to control these kinds of situations. We are all glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit.