“Why stay anywhere else?”

Courtyard Newport News Airport
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
“Why stay anywhere else?”
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Spent two nights here while in town visiting CNU with my daughter. The hotel more than met our expectations. Everything is new, fresh and modern. The room was very big, as was the bathroom, and the beds were very comfortable. We booked a promotion that included breakfast, and the food was very good. The hotel has a lovely patio area that we sat out at and enjoyed. If our daughter decides to attend CNU, we will definitely stay here!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Everson420,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about my hotel, the Courtyard Marriott Newport News Airport. We try very hard to make every hotel stay a hotel experience.

As the new General Manager, I wanted to make sure that I respond to each and every TripAdvisor comment; no matter how old. So, please accept my apologies for the tardiness of getting back to you.

Not sure if your daughter selected CNU for her continuing education, but if you or her need a place to stay in Newport News, VA; I hope we are still your first choice.

Elizabeth A. Parker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Rucker, Al
Reviewed October 16, 2009

This Hotel is by far one of the nicest that I have stayed in, the staff is really GREAT. I'm a Military Service Member and is currently staying in this Hotel till Dec 8 and i've been here since Sept 21 for school, I am completely satisfied. They really try to make your stay very comfortable, house keeping is wonderful. Always asking" How can make your stay beter". The Bistro has a lovely atmosphere for a romanic evening in.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear Military-TravelerE6,

Thank you for the lovely comments about my hotel, the housekeeping department and the Bistro! At Courtyard Marriott Newport News Airport we try very hard to make every hotel stay a hotel experience.

If you are ever attending class again, please think of us! We would love to have you stay again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Spent two nights here during a tourist loop through Virginia. This hotel was nice and new, roomy, excellent in-hotel amenities and a great deal at $101/night. You have several restaurants near by (Carabba's was good) . The Interstate in quite close but had no impact on our room from noise. We found the staff friendly and helpful. If you are a runner, ask for the directions to area paths (the Maritime Museum 5 mile loop is outstanding) . The courtyard cafe and amenities are great. We especially appreciated the boarding pass print-out area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Maplehawk,

Thank you for the lovely comments about my hotel, the Courtyard Marriott Newport News Airport.

Please let me know if you are in the area, we would love to have you stay again. And yes, the Mariners Museum trail is a great 5 mile run!

Manalapan, NJ
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My family (husband/wife, 2 girls ages 13 and 10) stayed here at the beginning of July and LOVED IT!!! A little hard to find at first (make sure you use their instructions for your GPS). Everything is state-of-the-art: the decor, the "business center" (the girls loved the PCs with the huge screens and wireless mice), and the rooms were very nicely appointed with very comfy beds.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dear CaptaintripsMitch,

You're right! This hotel is a "GEM"!

Thank you for the time that you took to write about my hotel. And I'm glad that you wanted to share your hotel experience.

If you and the family are every back in my area, we would love to have you stay again.

VA
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I am here at this hotel now. It is very nicely decorated....very modern. Nice sitting areas. Staff is friendly. Rooms are clean. Bar/refreshment area in the lobby. Can order a mixed drink to take to your room. Plenty of beers to choose from as well. ALso have Starbucks and snacks available. Convenience store as well.

This hotel is very unique. Whoever designed it did a great job at making it 'different'. Rooms are great. Granite in the bathrooms. Flat screens in the rooms. High Speed internet. Quiet location. Very close to the Patrick Henry Mall and lots of great restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again if I am anywhere in the Hampton, Newport News or Williamsburg area.

A++++ HIghly recommended.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jamulb
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Jamulb,

As the new General Manager here at the hotel it is my responsibility to follow up with each and every guest response on TripAdvisor. Well, we're a little late in saying Thank you for writing your response to us. My gracious, you wrote your response a very long time ago.

I'm not sure if you have been back to see us since your last stay, I hope you have. But, I wanted you to know that I do care and I do thank you for the wonderful comments that you wrote about my hotel when you were a guest back in 2009.

Wishing you the best!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Stayed here for a couple of nights and absolutely loved this hotel. It is almost new and the decor is very modern, contemporary and comfortable. Rooms were clean, furniture and electronics new and in great condition, and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean, spacious with granite, ceramic tile and a walk-in shower, which would have been perfect except the door was installed incorrectly and it leaked at the bottom.

Courtyards are generous with free amenities, and this one was no exception. It provided free WiFi, free coffee and tea in the lobby, free copies of USA Today and the Wall Street Journal, and lots of magazines and reading material. The lobby was large, spacious, and had plenty of comfortable seating areas. The business center was located in the lobby seating area, very convenient, with three computers with large LCD monitors. There were also two separate airline boarding pass terminals, which was a nice touch and eliminated the wait-for-the-pc-to-be-free annoyance when checking into a flight (all the guests I saw were very good about not monopolizing the biz center pc's). There was also a convenient bistro with food and drinks, as well as a small lobby shop for (pricey) essentials. My only gripe with the bistro is that the attendant was in absolutely no rush at all to serve you and didn't seem to notice or care that you had better things to do than wait forever for a muffin and a coffee.

The lobby is done in the new Courtyard style with laptop hookup stations and booths, and the decor throughout the hotel was a very nice contemporary style. Even the hallways were nice and bright and the carpeting wasn't aged, tired, old, or that hideous "what's it hiding" dark blue older hotels have.

This is my hotel of choice for the area now, as its location right off the highway and near the mall and restaurants was also very convenient.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SpencerLV
Dear SpencerLV,

We love our hotel too! Thank you for the wonderful comments about my hotel, the Courtyard Marriott Newport News Airport.

As the new General Manager, I wanted to make sure that I respond to each and every TripAdvisor comment; no matter how old. So, please accept my apologies for the tardiness of getting back to you from 2009.

If you're ever on the East Coast again, please let me know if you are in the area, we would love to have you stay again.

virginia
Reviewed January 6, 2009

This was a nice, clean and comfortable hotel. It is alittle hard to find from the interstate. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but there is one in front of it. Great business area. We love to stay at new hotels, before they have a chance to smell and get dirty.

• Liked — it was clean and the bed comfortable
  • Disliked — didn't get to stay longer
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Nanniex2,