All reviewscourtyard marriottfront deskphone chargermini fridgenewport news airportmeeting roomeasy accessstores and restaurantsminute drivedefinitely stay here againcomfortable staypatrick henry mallroom was clean and comfortableconvenient locationstaff was friendlypropertylobby
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Great Staff, rooms were very clean...Noise was low and hotel had fresh clean smell. There is a Starbucks coffer shop inside the hotel. The food was good. I know that I saw a mall and some new restaurants located near the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
BlaineDorsey, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear Calvin C,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with a quiet night sleep, fresh scent and the convenience of a Starbucks. We appreciate you being a Courtyard Fan and look forward to you returning on your next trip to us when in Newport News.

Blaine.Dorsey@Marriott.com

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Great Hotel, friendly staff and good clean rooms. I stayed here while attending a reunion and my stay went well. I would recommend this Hotel to all that is looking for an affordable price hotel room that is also clean and has nice amenities. It is also across the street from a Mall.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
BlaineDorsey, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Dear Denovation,
Thank you for your feedback on your experience. We appreciate you being a Courtyard Fan for life and look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Room was clean, staff was professional and courteous. Very convenient to PHF airport, stores, many restaurants (fast food and more upscale), highway, etc. Only downside is parking. If you arrive in the evening, close up spaces are at a premium (there is some construction going on during the day). You will find a space (there is an adjacent small mall and Residence Inn) but might be a fair walk.

Room Tip: Nothing to view here, condos behind, new construction to one side, mall to the other.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
BlaineDorsey, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Dear Cargoman53,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you being a Courtyard Fan for life. We will be able to utilize the adjacent Parking Lot being built next door very soon.

757-842-6212

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Stayed Wed thru Sat and was pleased with the usual cleanliness of the hotel and rooms. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

Be sure to sign up for skip service at check-in. Extra 250 points each night (up to 3 nights) for passing on cleaning service.

If you need more towels etc, the front desk is happy to accommodate. I also forgot a toothbrush and razor and they happily supplied complimentary ones with a smile! All Marriott's have a wide selection of toiletries, don't be shy about asking. I've even gotten a complimentary set of earbuds once when I happened to ask where the nearest place to buy a cheap pair was. I'm sure the selection varies per location but all in all, Fairfield Inn has never let me down. This location included.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
BlaineDorsey, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear ChrisP,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We hope this extra Marriott Reward points puts you closer to going somewhere fun for a few days before the end of the summer!

757-842-6212

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Well we are a baseball family. So we got in town at 7 am at baseball field unilt 3. So when we got to Hotel at 320 our room wasn't ready. Lady at front desk couldn't tell us when it would be ready. We wait in lobby but to my surprise there were a lot of people waiting. There was no manager on duty. 4 o'clock room was ready. Just wanted to get in room and rest. We have king size bed with sofa. The sofa is for my 16 yrs son. Opening it up Blood on mattress!!!! Well they did know what to do about. Couldn't gives us a rollaway because fire hazard. Lady at front desk did know what to do. I call the Genaral manager Blaine Dorsey and he never call back. Sad when no one cares about it customer . Finally we called 1 800 # and lady ask if we would take 2 queen.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Mousee_me
BlaineDorsey, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Mousee_me,
Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay. I have spoken with our Assistant General Manager, our F&B Director and our Executive Houseekper and we had no guest opportunity on file for your stay. All of my Department Heads as well as any of our Associates are able to assist with guest opportunities like the ones you mentioned. We were able to respond you your Marriott Guest Assistance Claim in reference to the Rollaway due to it being a fire hazard, and the condition of the Pull Out Sleeper Sofa mattress. All of us as Managers and Associates take pride in our guest's stay being memorable, and take it to heart when someone's stay is not memorable. We would like to invite you back to experience the hotel. Please contact us to make your reservation directly.

Blaine.Dorsey@Marriott.com