“Wedding”

Courtyard Newport News Airport
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
“Wedding”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and the wedding party stayed in this hotel. It was a good experience very clean and staff was very nice. We all enjoyed our stay. The bar/coffee shop provided us with a place to catch up and not have to goto far from our rooms, because time was always an issue.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Brian J
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Brian J,

Thank you for writing your response. I'm glad that your family chose my hotel for the over night accommodations for the wedding party. Our lobby and Bistro area are great open areas for family gatherings or small meetings of just 3 or 4 people that may wish to review their strategy plan before the BIG presentation they may have scheduled later that day. Our design is so unique and I am very thankful that you and your family had a great time here; at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Airport! Come back anytime!

Take care and be safe in your travels,

Elizabeth A. Parker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Harrison City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We couldn't have been happier with the service, attitude of the staff or any other aspect of our stay. Everyone from the hotel that we came in contact with was friendly and asked if there was anything more they could do for us. When traveling in this area in the future we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wally H
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Wally H,

YAHOO!!!! Music to my ears!!! I love it when my staff does everything right! Thank you for being our guest and thank you for writing this response! We look forward to hosting you and your guest again in the near future...and I would like to personnally welcome you to my hotel!

Take care and be safe in your travels.

Yours in hospitality,

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

spent two nights. very new hotel. well thoughtful design. comfortable beds. big shower. Starbucks in lobby. mall nearby.
many restaurants nearby. we paid about $110 and thought it a bargin. what's not to like?

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glenn S
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Glenn S from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina;

Thank you for your wonderful comments about my hotel! Especially the comment about "very new hotel". This Sunday, our hotel will turn 5 years old. We have welcomed over 210,000 guests since our opening and the carpet in the lobby still looks brand new! But, the hotel would not stay this way if it were not for the dedicated staff and an awesome ownership. You're not the only one that has commented on how beautiful this hotel looks and feels to our guests. Again, thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me and my staff. I really do appreciate it!

Thank you for being my guest and be safe in your travels!

Yours in hospitality,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very comfortable room, ample parking. It is about 15 minutes from Ft. Eustis. Located across from a mall and several strip malls with lots of dinner options. The showers in this hotel are above average, fully tiled with custom shower doors and bench inside a large shower.

Room Tip: Fairly quiet location overall, so there is no noisy side to this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear MycaLee;

Thank you so much for giving my hotel a 5 Star Rating! That just ROCKS!!!! I'm glad that we were able to meet your needs here; at the Courtyard Marriott Newport News Airport. I hope if you visit the area again, we are the hotel that comes to mind first!

Again, thank you for choosing my hotel among all the rest!

Take care and be safe in your travels!

Yours in Hospitality,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I unexpectedly had to stay over one night near the Newport News Airport in early August. I called and got a room at the Courtyard by Marriott (Newport News Airport) and checked in around 9pm.

The hotel is very clean and modern-looking; I was impressed with the lobby and bar area (there was a small circular bar where you could order some foods or drinks, even late on a Thursday night). The staff were very friendly, including the older bellhop who took my bags up to my room and the young receptionist. I also liked how they had basic food available for purchase 24-hours a day (bottled drinks, yogurt, muffins) and had someone at the front desk round the clock.

The bathroom was really nice for a mid-level hotel. There was a very large glass-walled shower and plenty of towels. (Warning: There was no tub in my room -- not sure if other rooms offer them for travelers with kids, etc.) My room overall was a little on the small side but was nicely furnished with a queen bed and a sofa / coffee table and desk. It also and included a small refrigerator and flat screen TV.

The hotel staff were very knowledgeable about airport hours, etc... The hotel is very close to the airport -- I think about one mile away (no more than a five minute drive).

Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay near the airport.

Room Tip: Nice shower in the room but no bath tub!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Virginia Grad,

Thank you for writing a wonderful response in TripAdvisor! I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your last minute reservation need while visiting Newport News.

With all the hotels to choose from in the area, you chose the Courtyard Marriott Newport News Airport! THANK YOU!

We're proud that our hotel looks, feels and displays itself as still the "New kid on the block". I'll be sure to tell Kenneth our evening Van Driver/Bell Man and the front office staff to keep up the good work!

Again, thank you for the kind comments and I welcome you back to our hotel anytime.

Take care and be safe in your travels,

Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three days and thought it was great. Had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. Hotel was emaculate..the only downfall is that you now have to pay for the coffee and breakfast which we didn't expect for a Marriott. This hotel is the perfect location to stay for shopping and dining It's only 20 minutes to Williamsburg and close to the highway. All in all a good choice for a stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Airport! I greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to send in a review to TripAdvisor. Your review is important to me and its a way of how we measure our success and improve our services.
Recently, Marriott rolled out some new initiatives for the Courtyard brand. One of those initiatives was to remove complimentary coffee service and replace it with Starbucks to be served 24 hours. The other was to remove breakfast buffets and offer a better dining experience in the Bistro that was personable. We're really sorry that you were unaware of these changes.
In closing, I'm glad you chose us out of all of the other hotels in the Hampton Roads area. As you mentioned, our location is perfect for shopping, dining and a day trip to Williamsburg.

Thank you for being my guest and be safe in your travels!

In hospitality,

Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We spent the night and I will never return to this hotel. We checked in and entered our room to the smell of mold it was so strong it would knock you over. We complained to the front desk and there solution was to spray the room with air freshener. To say the least that did not cover up the smell or solve the problem. We asked to be moved to another room but we were told that the hotel was sold out and that was the best the hotel could do. The front desk representative never apologized or offered to do any thing else to solve the problem. We checked out the next morning and when asked by the same front desk representative how our stay was we again complained and she tried to act as if we never spoke completely ignoring what we said.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel unless you like stinky moldy rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stanleymarie
Jenny M, AGM at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Greetings from the Courtyard by Marriott at Newport News!
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. The Courtyard by Marriott Newport News is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our valued guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We apologize that our staff made you feel unheard and due to the sold out nature of our hotel, we were unable to accomodate you and your family. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs, as we would like the opportunity to provide you the level of service you expect from Marriott Hotels.

At your service,