“Very nice!”

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
virginia
“Very nice!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. Very modern, clean, and quiet. The lobby is so nice. There are several computers available for public use. I would highly recommend. I even arrived early and was able to get early check-in! Close to the mall and within walking distance of Cheeseburger in Paradise and Carrabba"s....Yummy!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Wavybeach,

As the new General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott in Newport News, VA it is my responsibility to respond to each guest comment. Unfortunately, prior General Managers failed in this task to respond to you. Please accept our apologies for not responding to you in a timely manner.

Elizabeth Parker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 15, 2011

You would have never thought this exist in Newport News VA. Great Room, Great Service, Easy check in and check out. Free Wifi comfortable Rm. Spacious bathroom. What more can you ask for. This is why i always choose Courtyard. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Marlow b,

But, I do wish to thank you for taking the time in writing a response about my hotel. From your comments, it seems as if you had a very enjoyable stay. That's important to me. I hope that if you find yourself back in the Newport News area, you will be our guest again. Oh, I'll make sure that we keep up the good work!

Bristow
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The check-in was great. The lobby was fantastic, really made you feel glad you selected that hotel. The room was well appointed. Bed was great--slept like a rock all night. Only downside was no free breakfast. There is a Waffle House and other restaurants nearby, however.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chirelle_Moseley, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Although we do not offer complimentary breakfast, we do offer a variety of options a la carte. Again, thank you for taking this opportunity to share this positive feedback with us. On behalf of the at the Newport News Airport Courtyard, we look forward to your return visit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I came here on a four day trip. The hotel is in a central location with good restaurants and shopping nearby. There is a small bar and restaurant. Breakfast is free. They have all the essential services you need for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. I am thrilled to hear that we met all of your business needs during your stay. On behalf of the staff at the Newport News Airport Courtyard, we look forward to your return visit.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was at this hotel with a family and friends for a visit to Busch Gardens and Virginia Beach we stayed here for 3 nights and let me tell you it was nice every person in our group loved it, the staff was helpful and hotel was extremely clean and a tastefully decorated with a good mordern touches. I usually stay at courtyard while traveling and been to numerous courtyards but specially this one exceeds my expectations.

Room Tip: A room on top floor is good
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hello ChasmeBadur;

Newport News
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Room, Lobby Facilities, Pool & Outside areas were attractive and kept immaculately cleaned throughout.
Staff from kitchen, bar, desk & housekeeping were professional, helpful and cheerful throughout a time period in which their own homes and families were distressed over storm, power failures, and damages.
No noise while in room, extremely quite air conditioning, if you did not look out the windows you would never know the hurricane was whirling around
Rates were unbelievably reasonable
I can not say enough good things about my families stay

Room Tip: 2 queen beds, small fridge, free wifi, excellent cable tv package, attractive decor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chirelle_Moseley, General Manager at Courtyard Newport News Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am thrilled to hear that met your expectations despite the hurricane that we were experiencing. It is always our goal to provide exceptional service and I glad to see that we accomplished this. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My fiancee & I arrived at the hotel late after a long drive through pouring rain & when we arrived, we had to be buzzed in because of the late hour. We pressed the door buzzer & called the hotel simultaneously for over 10 mins. before an employee finally arrived to let us in! She didn't offer an explanation & when she saw how annoyed we were, she offered a very brief apology. Other than that, check-in was quick & we were directed to our room for the night. We had a room on the 5th floor with a quick walk from the elevator. The room furnishings were quite nice & modern, the colors resemble the colors on the exterior of the hotel. The only complaint with the room was a musty odor upon entering the room each time, but after being in there, we didn't notice it any longer. The bed was very comfortable, shower was huge with an area to sit if you prefer, nice lobby & there's plenty of free parking. The room also had a flat screen tv & a small refrigerator, but no safe. Both elevators were very creaky as they moved & we noticed that one hadn't been inspected since Aug 2010, so that's something that may need to be followed up on. But, overall, we were pleased with the hotel & would not hesitate staying here again (if we can be let in when we arrive)!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniece you experienced upon arrival. The front doors are typically locked at 11pm for your safety. However, you should not have to wait ten minutes for assistance. In regards to the elevators, I assure you that they are in compliance with current code regulations and are regularly inspected as required. All these issues have been addressed with the appropriate departments to ensure we do our best to prevent this from happening again. Overall, I am pleased to see that your experience was a pleasant one. If you are in the area again, I hope that you choose to stay at the Newport News Airport Coutyard.