“Great place to stay ”

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Virginia
“Great place to stay ”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is in close proximity to food, shopping and the highway. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. We stayed in a king suite on the first floor. The room was modern and very clean. The complimentary breakfast served was great. They also have social events a few nights a week where they serve food in the evening.I have no complaints I would recommend and stay at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014
Rebecca J, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Greetings,

Thank you so much for your great review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with my staff as it means a great deal to them. We hope if you are the area again you will visit us again.

Thank you!

Rebecca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Clarion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with our basketball team. It was very clean in all areas. We were in a king suite and it was huge. The staff was very friendly and tolerated us being in the lobby until late every night. They have a basketball court, volleyball court and even an outdoor fire pit and grill for their guests. Definitely one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue D
Rebecca J, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind review it really means a lot to our staff and we hope everything went well during your basketball games! We hope to see you in the near future again.

Thanks so much!
Windsor Mill, Maryland
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Two nice suites with excellent bed mattresses, very presentable interior and exterior. Swimming pool, lobby and others are very clean and comfortable. Different Breakfast meals served each day so you won't get tired of same food. I recommend this hotel if you plan to come to this area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello TravelBudyy777,

Thank you so much for your kind review and we are so glad that we met your expectations during your stay. My staff looks forward to reading reviews daily so this will make everyones day, as we strive hard to make sure every guest feels this is a "Home away from Home"

Rebecca Jones

Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Residence Inn Newport News (airport) was simply Home away from Home. We stayed ther from June 5 thru June 9. 2014. It was a oasis in Virginia. We specifally wanted the space and the comfort that comes with a Residence Inn. We did not cook however we had that option. We really enjoyed the location , which was central to all of our activities.

We also enjoyed the Breakfast that came with the start of each morning. Our suite was large and it was Clean and Well aminitied. Could have used some small drink glasses. Tere were a lot of Kids staying the weekend we were there and our unit was still Quiet,

I would definately stay here again, and would highly recommend this location to anyone.

Room Tip: rooms away from elevator are better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Gregorie!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your review really means a lot to everyone here at the Residence Inn. Please come back and see us if you are in the area again.

Thanks again,

Rebecca Jones
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Residence Inn Newport News was an overnight stop for us with an easy exit off I-64. The airport is a small one and not really noticable as far as noise is concerned. As mentioned by others, the location is close to many restaurants. The hotel does have an indoor pool which we didn't use and large breakfast area with included hot and cold choices. Food was replenished regularly and was very tasty. The waffle maker was in constent use by the young people staying for a sports tournament and it's obvious that those chairs need replacing. Tables could be cleaned more quickly.
Our one bedroom suite(room 320) was a large corner room which was spacious and away from the elevators, but near a stairway. It was quiet and comfortable although a stale odor was noticable which is why I didn't give the hotel a five star rating. It looked clean, but for some reason didn't feel clean to me. Maybe some refreshing of carpets and drapes would help boost its appeal along with adding a firmer mattress. A tubbed-shower worked well and vanity was a good size. A large wall-mounted TV centered the livingroom area.

Room Tip: Quiet end room overlooking a field area
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Greetings!

Thank you for review and I have shared your comments with my staff and we really appreciate your feedback and the great news is that we will be going through a renovation soon so the breakfast tables and carpet will be changed put as we enter our sixth year. Hopefully if you travel to the area again the near future you can see the changes that we have done!

Rebecca J. Jones
San Dimas, California
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed at the Residence Inn Newport News at least twice a year for the last five years. I walk in and they call me by my name even though I have not stayed there for the last six months. Everything is like new. The staff go beyond what is expected. Great breakfasts and manager specials during the work week. No room service but restaurants and shopping mall are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Book early as they fill up fast. Great jump off spot for the Outer Banks. Ask for the second or th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Linn N!

Your comments really mean a lot to all of us here at the Residence Inn, and I'm so glad that you get to come back and visit us whenever you are in the area. Please keep coming back and we have a lot of great changes on the way to the hotel!

Rebecca J. Jones
Brandywine, Maryland
Reviewed June 6, 2014

As a frequent Guest of this particular hotel “Residence Inn, Newport News VA”, my family and I have stayed at this hotel many times. They provide a warm and personal welcome, when we walk through the door and recognize us as repeat customers. The staff is fantastic, and makes us feel like a member of their own family. I will give this Hotel Residence Inn (5 STARS), for Guest Services, Food, Cleanliness, Location, The grounds are well kept; the parking lot is great, well lit at night.
I cannot say enough about how welcome we feel when we stay here. I would like to extend a special Thank you to the Hotel Management Staff, Mrs. Rebecca (Becky) Jones, (Gen Manager) Ashley, Amanda, Chris, Ashley you are wonderful, Amanda a great help they went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible, All of the staff went out of their way to make sure every need was taken care of.
All the staff expresses pleasant smiles and professionalism, Denise the best kitchen hostess, who prepare the most wonderful buffet breakfast to include, sausage, Home fries, (Red Potatoes) which I love eggs, fresh yogurt cups, orange Juice, coffee, fresh fruits breakfast preparer in the Peninsula area. Thanks, Denise and Elaine for her excellent service in preparing the Evening Social which included Tacos/,taco Salad, Cheesecake etc., wonderful social ,...
Both of these ladies deserve five stars for customer service, pleasant attitudes, hard work... Let's talk about the Hotel suites, everything was cleaned comfortable... I would also like to Thank Yasmeen who was the Housekeeper, always with a smile, the suite was very clean with a fresh smell, and the Shower was awesome. Also would like to Thank Mr. Will for taking care of my routine AC Maintenance, I would also like to thank William for helping me with my luggage... Thank you All for making my family feel special. The company was great, and the experience was great as always enjoyed the quiet home like atmosphere.
The hotel is located in a sort of secluded area. Situated away from the highway. In all we had a wonderful experience, a very nice comfortable place to stay., The hotel offers quick access to absolutely any place you need to go in the area, including I-64, Dept. stores, Dillard’s, Ross etc. This is the absolute Best hotel. I consider this property my top choice. I heartily recommend the Residence Inn Newport News. I am loyal to Marriott, I will be returning to this property in late June, 2014. Excellent, Excellent Excellent.
Aspen1424

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review it really means a lot to all of us here! I have a great team here and with positive feedback like yours it really makes their day! We want everyone to feel like this is their "Home Away From Home"