“Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!”

Residence Inn Newport News Airport
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The staff treats you like family (in a good way, lol), and the hotel is gorgeous from the inside out! There are so many extras ranging from the fireplace in our room (so cozy for our weekend getaway/10 yr ann./break from our children), to the grocery shopping done for us for free if needed, to a basketball area for the kids outside as well as indoor pool....incredible!

Our room was beautifully decorated, the kitchen items were all updated with newer stainless steal products....I could go on all day about how great everything was! It was definitely a home away from home to a nicer degree then any other hotel I've ever stayed at! I didn't want to leave, and I think that speaks for itself!

The breakfast was fresh and yummy and had a variety of everything from your basic eggs and sausage, to waffles and fruit toppings and fresh fruit and yogurt. It was quiet, comfortable, and the staff was VERY attentive....what more could you ask?! We were well taken care of, and truly felt that if there was anything we needed, they really would make every effort to help us to make it happen and take care of us!!!

The Manager Rebecca is simply wonderful, and April who was at the Front Desk treated us like king's and queen's and made us feel SO special for our 10th anniversary getaway (she always had such a welcoming smile on her face)....blown away, and couldn't brag enough about this hotel that is definitely a diamond/gem amongst many to choose from in that area.....they have set themselves apart as THE place to stay that's for sure! Why wouldn't a person choose this hotel?!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doeringfamof9

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I would like to take this moment to thank Becky at the Front Desk and all the staff at this Residence Inn. During a very stressful time they were so supportive towards us since other hotels were not accommodating since we have pets. We stayed at the Residence Inn for shelter from Hurricane Irene for we have large trees around our home that I was fearful would fall. The room was perfect for us clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Best of all the power stayed on almost the entire time being off only for a very short time. Though the staff were experiencing some interesting situations such as the front doors not closing, they were always professional. Breakfast was served the morning after Irene by cheerful and caring staff which seems amazing to me.

Room Tip: If you need special accomodations for whatever reason just ask they try to meet your needs.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DachsieLady11
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Hello, Thank for sharing your wonderful comments about our hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed everything while you stayed with us. We love all pets and they are family! I hope everything was ok with your home duirng the hurricane,please let us know. I have also shared your comments with my staff and they are thrilled to see this review it means so much to them. I hope the next time you come to visit us or any other Marriott property its for a real vacation so you can enjoy everything thing and not have to worry about the weather. Thank you so much!

Reviewed August 28, 2011

the house keeping is very bad the room are very dustey have a hard time to get towel for you room. the only good thing is the front dest is out standing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jimmy s
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I have shared your comments with my staff so that we can provide you with better service during your stay. Im so glad the service at the desk meets your expectations, that means a lot to them. Thank you!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I booked this hotel for myself and two other co-workers. When we arrived the lady at the front desk said "i have been trying to call you all day, we don't have any rooms for you, but we have put you up at the Spring Hills Suites". I was out of town on business. I checked my home phone messages after speaking with the front desk. There was only 1 message which said to please call the hotel. I asked the lady at the desk if she knew anything about this hotel and she said, she did not know anything about the property. We were given directions and a letter. The hotel would pay for our stay at this hotel. Hungry and tired from a days work (up since 5AM), myself and 2 other co-works (put our 2 suitcases and 2 suitcases of equipment each) back into our vehicle and headed to the Spring Hill Suites. During the ride I remembered staying at this hotel when is was brand new, and remembered the poor housekeeping at this hotel. We decided to go to the Omni instead, which luckily had 3 rooms available. On the next day I called the hotel to make sure we had rooms for the next two nights and was told we did. I spoke to the manager and informed her of all we had gone through because our original reservation was changed and we were not aware until we showed up to check-in. I also told her we did not staty at the hotel they had arranaged for us to stay because of the poor housekeeping history. I was informed that since we did not informed them (Residence Inn) that we were going to another hotel they had done all they could do, even stated that they had already paid for our stay at the Spring Hill Suites. I was also told that the reason we did not have a room was because sometimes guest stay they are going to check-out and they don't. I found this to be unexceptable. I am a rewards member, this hotel has my e-mail, and cell #. Why would you call someone at home when they are out of town?
The good news is that once we got settled into our rooms the rooms were great, and breakfast was great. Although i don't feel i should have to I will be calling this hotel prior to arrival to make sure i have a room:(

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Nice hotel..but not really convenient to anything. We prefer a place that you can walk to dinner or shopping - this hotel is new, and there is nothing nearby - you must drive to everything. Rooms are nice, clean, well appointed. Free breakfast in the morning....well, you get what you pay for. Not impressive....but free. Also, inadequate space for breakfast guests - needs to be more seating.

Overall, a nice place

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Overall the hotel stay was just ok. The hotel staff was very friendly and as responsive as they could be considering. The problem was that there was never enough towels available. Housekeeping would clean your room (which was not well done), but leave one towel for a room of four. When you would call, the wait would be two hours or longer. On the last day of my stay, to avoid the hassle, I washed the hotels towels on my own so that we would have something to shower with. This went on the entire stay which was 4 days. Sheets were not changed daily and had stains on them. Floor in bathroom was not swept. Bed very uncomfortable.
Pool was extremely cold for kids and water murky. Simple things Residence Inn as I had seen this same complaint before.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GeorgiaPeach2011
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel. Great location near the mall and other shopping centers. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. It is very quiet and modern. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Great free breakfast. Would definitely recommend and will be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Thanking you for coming back and staying with us again! We are so glad you enjoyed everything while you were visiting in Newport News, VA. Thank you!!!!