Just back from Les Crets. Have stayed in a few P&V's and this one is up there with the best.
We had a really good room, with double window frontage, so it was lovely and light. Used the double sofa bed so didn't use the upstairs twin bedroom. The kitchen is small but fine and the dining table and sofa look out into the valley. The views are the best thing here - open the curtains, let the sun stream in, watch the skiers - fantastic! The residence has had a refurb so it's nice and bright and things work - including the heated ski lockers, which is rare!
Free wifi a bonus.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
The location is great and the funicular very handy, it wasn't broken once while we were there and we never had to wait at all.
The ski out is fine for most people but only reasonable skiers can ski back at night as it's on a very busy red which is quite challenging, definitely not one for beginners. We didn't have great snow conditions (mid Jan 2011) as it was bright sunshine every day, the re had been snow the first night but the temperature went up to 10c and everything melted then froze. As a consequence this run (Aigle) was like an ice rink especially at the bottom.
In softer snow I'd do it more often!
If you haven't been to Meribel, this is a great location with fast lifts and everything very well linked - you can ski for miles and miles. Mottaret benefits from being higher up. It snowed at the end of our stay and everything freshened up but it didn't reach down to Meribel village.
We were also pleasantly surprised at the prices - drinks cheapest we've found in French Alps.
One last point, Le Corbelys restaurant at the top of St Martin 1 gondola/bottom of St Martin 2 chairlift, is well worth a visit, top restaurant and great for just drinks too.
Would definitely recommend and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of “The 3 Vallées”Residence "easy access to slopes"Residence with spacious and comfortable standing apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Crets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Premium Residence Les Crets
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Crets Hotel Meribel