All reviews sister hotel valet parking st martin junior suite pretty courtyard garden a wonderful stay beautiful hotel washington suite night's sleep staff were attentive bath and shower overlooking the harbour staff could not have been more la rochelle la table star hotel nothing is too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel Toiras is the perfect destination in which to enjoy the idyllic and picturesque setting of Saint Martin de Ré.
We were fortunate to be offered a room that overlooked the harbour, the view couldn’t have been more perfect.
The staff were attentive & efficient in a friendly and relaxed manner. The room was bright and beautifully decorated, meeting every need.
The hotel sits on the harbour, a few steps from all the bars, restaurants and shops. Cycle hire, with a discount from the hotel, is just around the corner - the perfect way to explore the island.
Villa Clarisse, the sister hotel a few minutes walk from Toiras, provided the additional luxury of a tranquil pool and outdoor lounging, complete with poolside service for drinks and refreshments; again, the staff there could not have been more friendly, relaxed and ready to help.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LC_Olivia, Propriétaire at Hotel de Toiras, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you very much for your very kind comment regarding your experience at Hôtel de Toiras.

I am pleased to read that you spent a wonderful stay with us.
Ile de Ré is a beautiful island, located in the department of La Rochelle. This island is part of Charente-Maritime region and offers you a wide variety of different landscapes. This natural beauty is preserved of mass tourism and pollution.

I personally decorated the house, with the assistance of Pierre-Yves Rochon (Designer of the Four Seasons Hotel George V), using furniture’s from Ralph Lauren or antiquities for example, in order to mix elegance and sophistication at the same time.

Our location, at the entrance of the port of Saint Martin, allows our guests to discover the island by walk or bike, and enjoy the atmosphere of a seaside village.
Just a few minutes away, the sister-property of Hotel de Toiras, La Villa Clarisse, welcomes you in its 1000sqm gardens and swimming pool.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated the service. Thank you for mentioning the staff, your satisfaction is the best reward for their everyday involvement.

I would be pleased to welcome you again at Hôtel de Toiras.
In order to organize your stay, feel free to contact my assistant, Lauren Médan (lmedan@olcm.fr), to arrange the details.

With my very sincere greetings.

Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

Attractive hotel on the Quai, with good service and some elegance, a bit in the style of an English country hotel.
The room was good though not really any vies due to the position of the windows.The bathroom is a bit awkward as the shower tended to wet the wooden floor,the bath really needed a better screen.
We didn’t have breakfast there as it was expensive which is I suppose what you might expect from this kind of hotel, although there are good cafes and a bakery very close.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LC_Olivia, Propriétaire at Hotel de Toiras, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am delighted to read your kind words, thank you for sharing your experience at Hôtel de Toiras.

As you mentioned, our unbeatable location, at the entrance of the port of Saint Martin, allows our guests to discover the island by walk or bike while enjoying the beauty and treasures of this island.

Our eighteenth-century mansion is dedicated to pure well-being and relaxation while retaining the soul of the old houses typical of the island. I have initiated the revival of leading historical figures, artists or explorers through fabrics, atmospheres, colors, antique furniture… to transport you into the cosy and warm atmosphere of a five-star property.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated the service. Your satisfaction is the best reward for our teams, which are always here to offer you the best experience and service you may need. Our aim is to anticipate and make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for letting us know about your shower and breakfast, your feedback allows us to make sure you will have an even more exquisite experience for your next visits.

I would be pleased to welcome you back at Hôtel de Toiras. In order to organize your stay, feel free to contact my assistant, Lauren Médan (lmedan@olcm.fr), to arrange the details of your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in a junior suite (with our whippet). Hotel de Toiras is a quite amazing! It quickly feels as comfortable as home, and at the same time very indulgent and incredibly special. Everything about the hotel is lovely - the quiet, beautifully decorated bedrooms, the fabulous, fabulous food and the lovely team who run the intimate hotel. Not forgetting the incredible location right on the harbourside of this wonderful town. I have to give a shout out to Dominic and Agathe - who could not do enough to make our stay special. Thank you Hotel de Toiras - we cannot wait to come back

Date of stay: June 2019
LC_Olivia, Propriétaire at Hotel de Toiras, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I am delighted to read your kind words, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hôtel de Toiras.

I am honored that you choose Hôtel de Toiras for your stay in Ile de Ré. Our eighteenth-century mansion is dedicated to pure well-being and relaxation while retaining the soul of the old houses typical of the island.

I am delighted to learn that you appreciated the service. Thank you for mentioning our staff, Agathe and Dominic, your satisfaction is the greatest reward for our team’s everyday involvement and passion.

What a great pleasure to read that you discovered our restaurant, La Table d’Olivia and that you appreciated the food. Our Chef is careful in the choice of the products and the quality of the cuisine. Our aim is to offer you a tasty and gastronomic cuisine.

I would be pleased to welcome you again at Hôtel de Toiras. In order to organize your stay properly, feel free to contact my assistant, Lauren Médan (lmedan@olcm.fr), to arrange the details of your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

We stopped over at this hotel and although a little costly I wish I had booked two nights!
Passing through France this is a lovely place to visit.
We requested parking and was delighted to park outside the hotel and the reception arranged for the car to be parked.
Our room was so delightful. Absolutely beautiful. We looked onto the garden which is a very beautiful place to look onto.
The weather was pretty awful but the room was lovely and warm.
The only disappointment was no bath robes or slippers.
In all the hotels we have stayed, everyone had bathrobes except this one.
I loved the hot chocolate which I called reception for before we went to bed.
This hotel is a very warm friendly hotel.
Location is fab.
We had breakfast which was an extra cost but an amazing experience! Beautifully presented and good portion sizes.
Great start to the day.

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

What a pleasure to read your kind words, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hôtel de Toiras.

I am honored to read that you choose Hôtel de Toiras for your stay in Ile de Ré. Our eighteenth-century mansion is dedicated to pure well-being and relaxation while retaining the soul of the old houses typical of the island.

I personally decorated the house, with the assistance of Pierre-Yves Rochon (Designer of the Four Seasons Hotel George V), using furnitures from Ralph Lauren or antiquities for example, in order to mix elegance and sophistication at the same time.

As you mention it so well, our teams take care of your car and the parking.

Thank you for letting us know about bath robes and slippers. Your feedback allows our teams to prepare the best welcome for your next visits.

I am very happy that you appreciated the breakfast and I would be delighted to make you discover La Table d’Olivia during your next visit. Our Chef is really careful in the choice of the products and the quality of the cuisine. Our aim is to offer you a tasty and gastronomic cuisine.

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful boutique hotel. Room off courtyard garden. Perfect location harbourside. Use of pool at sister-hotel Villa Clarisse very nearby. Perfect relaxing weekend break. Lovely staff. We will definitely be back!

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Indeed, our location, at the entrance of the port of Saint Martin, allows our guests to discover the island by walk or bike, and enjoy the atmosphere of a seaside village.

As you mention, the sister-property of Hotel de Toiras, La Villa Clarisse, is located few minutes away walking distance. I am thrilled to read that you could discover the 1000sqm of garden and the pool.

Thank you for mentioning our staff, I am delighted to read that you have appreciated the service. Your satisfaction I the greatest reward for our team’s everyday involvement and passion.

I would be delighted to make you discover our restaurant, La Table d’Olivia during your next visit. Our Chef is really careful in the choice of the products and the quality of the cuisine. Our aim is to offer you a tasty and gastronomic cuisine.