Hotel de Toiras
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Barbette(Saint Martin de Re)
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Jetee(Saint Martin de Re)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Les Colonnes(Saint Martin de Re)
  • Restaurant
La Baronnie Hotel & Spa(Saint Martin de Re)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel du Port(Saint Martin de Re)
Average 3/5
Hotel Le Galion(Saint Martin de Re)
Great 4.5/5
La Villa Clarisse(Saint Martin de Re)
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
La Maison Douce(Saint Martin de Re)
  • Pool
All reviewsvalet parkingst martinjunior suitea wonderful staylangoustineslovely suitepretty courtyard gardenla tablebeautiful hotelmini barla rochelleturn down servicean upgradestar hotelimpeccable servicequiet roomsmall garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The level of service was exceptional. Due to travel difficulty, we didn't arrive at Toiras until well after midnight. Stephanie waited for us well past her time to go home and warmly welcomed us. She showed us our room and then rustled up a plate of cheese and fruit for our "dinner." This helped transform a disastrous travel day into a warm welcome that remained for the duration of our stay. This may have been the best hotel experience we have had. Bravo!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights early in May 2014. As many people have pointed out the hotel location could not be better and the staff and level of service received was simply outstanding.
That said there are a few things to point out:
• I could not simply drive up to the hotel as the route is blocked with an entry system. I first had to leave my car and take a short walk to the hotel. I was then given a code for this system.
• The hotel itself is not very large and the room I had, whilst being perfect for my needs, was rather small and a little gloomy. (I had a room on the first floor overlooking the tiny garden.)
• There are only about 6 tables in the dining area and on one evening I noted that the staff had set up two dining tables in the lobby area of the hotel to accommodate everyone that wanted to eat during the evening.
• The hotel is not cheap by any standards but you do get what you pay for!
Even given the above I would still highly recommend the hotel. As mentioned the staff seem to go out of their way to be helpful and nothing is a problem. The location is simply sublime; a step outside the door and you are in the pretty harbour area of St. Martin de Ré. I stayed on a half board package with the evening three course meal being a set menu without any choice. As I am an adventurous eater and a lover of fresh fish this was of no issue to me. The quality of the food served was simply outstanding. (I found it amazing to watch the chef prepare such high quality food in a kitchen that is literally the size of a postage stamp!) Perhaps if you are not willing to risk a set menu without choice then this half board package is not for you. There are plenty of splendid looking restaurants literally yards from the door of the hotel so there would not be an issue finding somewhere to eat à la carte. Again I should mention I was there in early May; things were reasonably lively and busy but I could well imagine in high season that the location would be very crowded indeed.
All told a wonderful couple of nights spent at this hotel that I would be happy to return to and to recommend if you are not worried about the pennies.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for a room with a harbour view. The “garden” is in a tiny courtyard and the rooms overlooking this are a little gloomy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank atkpjdv
Reviewed May 14, 2014

It was the first time I experienced this property and, by far, this is the best hotel and hospitality experience i ever had in Ile de Ré. From the warm welcome of the team to the gastronomy experience at La Table d'Olvia, I can only recommand it to any one willing to discover this beautiful and peaceful island. The Suite I had was really amazing and as soon as I stepped in it, I felt like at home. The bathroom is very spacious, the bed very confortable. This is also the best location you can find in St Martin. Congratulations to the fantastic team managed by Pierre.
During my stay, I was kindly invited to discover an other property also managed by Pierre: Villa Clarisse, located few steps away from Hotel de Toiras. The garden is so quite that you don t even want to leave it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the Port of St Martin
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here as a belated wedding anniversary treat on our way back from Bordeaux to Normandy and what a lovely treat. The weather was absolutely atrocious and that seemed to make the welcome at the hotel even warmer, not to mention the log fire in the reception. The staff were absolutely charming and our dog probably got an even bigger welcome.
The charm of this hotel might not to be everyone's taste, definitely traditional as opposed to modern, but anyone searching for a romantic getaway should look no further.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We love the Surrey in New York. Maybe the Mandarin in Bangkok we like more, not sure. Probably the single best night we ever spent in a hotel was at the Chateau Marmont. Then we stayed at the Toiras, and oh my. Just arriving in Saint Martin de Re is pretty special, and then right in the middle of a bustling, exciting harbour full of people is this discreet beauty of a hotel. You are whisked into the glorious foyer before you realise it, and then some of the nicest people I've met in the hotel industry effortlessly create a wonderful experience for you, surrounded by old world beauty and some truly spectacular food. I loved everything about Ile de Re, but nothing more than Hotel de Toiras.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in one of the outside rooms rather than in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple