All reviews sister hotel ile de re st martin spent wonderful days restaurant reservations nice pool home from home light lunch buffet breakfast well appointed and comfortable third visit short stroll beautiful small hotel la table without exception the location is perfect beautiful island
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2017

La Villa Clarisse is linked to the Hotel de Toiras which overlooks the harbour at Sainte Martin de Re. Instinctively we would have booked the harbour side hotel but decided to try the Villa. First impressions on driving up to the front door (having first called in at the hotel) were not good. It looked like any other building in a French town back street.

From that moment onwards everything changed. We were given the best possible welcome from the young, totally charming staff, shown to a delightful, spacious and comfortable room on the ground floor and never looked back. One of the Villa's main attractions was the garden and swimming pool at the back, but unseasonal cold weather rather constrained our use of it.

Breakfast was served in a room adjacent to the garden. I have a personal hang up with breakfasts which offer set piece choices in different price bands. All I wanted was a cup of coffee and a bowl of muesli but this wasn't on offer so I opted for cornflakes (and therefore a very expensive helping of cornflakes.) And I had to ask for cold milk to go with it. My wife's choice was more traditional and she loved it.

On each of the three nights we were staying in Saint Martin de Re we ate at different, and very contrasting restaurents including the Hotel de Toiras. They were all good and all within a 5 minute walk of the Villa.

Because there was no parking in the street outside the hotel, the staff parked our car for us in a designated place (we never saw where this was) and returned it to the front door given 10 minutes notice. Although a bit convoluted the system worked.

The highlight of our experience at the Villa was being looked after by the very charming staff.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
LC_Olivia, Propriétaire at La Villa Clarisse, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2019

Chère Madame,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Villa Clarisse.

I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at La Villa Clarisse.

Our eighteenth century mansion is dedicated to pure well-being and relaxation while retaining the soul of the old houses typical of the island. Thrilled to see that you noticed the decoration. I personally decorated the house, with the assistance of Pierre-Yves Rochon (Designer of the Four Seasons Hotel George V), using furniture’s from Ralph Lauren or antiquities for example.

Delighted to see that you liked the breakfast. Charlotte Gricourt, our new restaurant manager for Hôtel de Toiras and Villa Clarisse would be pleased to meet you and make you discover our new Healthy breakfast, composed of gluten free cakes and bread, muesli, detox tea, fresh fruits and vegetables.

I would be pleased to welcome you again at La Villa Clarisse. In order to organize your stay properly, feel free to contact my assistant, Lauren Médan (lmedan@olcm.fr), to arrange the details of your next stay at the Villa Clarisse or Hotel de Toiras.

With my very sincere greetings.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

We have stayed at the Villa's sister hotel twice and thought we would try Villa Clarissa this time. It is a lovely hotel, but very different from its sister. We found it a little lacking in atmosphere, beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean though. The staff are very polite and helpful, our only criticism is that we were sitting outside one early evening playing cards and would love to have had a drink but nobody came to see us - this is a very small observation.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LC_Olivia, Propriétaire at La Villa Clarisse, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Dear Mrs VictoriaG87,
First at all, I would like to thank you personally for your faithfully toward our Hotels, L’Hôtel de Toiras et La Villa Clarisse, Relais & Chateaux.
I am shocked to read that no one came to see you and offered you some drinks during this evening.
It does not reflect the atmosphere of the Villa Clarisse: feel at home with a 5-star service.
I thank you for your comment that allowed us to remind the process of our Hotels and of Relais & Chateaux at our team.
In order to apologize, I am delighted to guarantee you an upgrade during your future stay at the Villa Clarisse or at L’Hôtel de Toiras at your convenience.
I am looking forward to welcome you once again at La Villa Clarisse or L’Hôtel de Toiras
Propriétaire Hôtel de Toiras & Villa Clarisse

Reviewed September 11, 2016

This has been our 5th visit to the island, and our 3rd to Villa Clarisse, although on a small Rue away from the Port, it is a haven of Quiet and good taste, the rooms are simple yet luxurious with very comfortable bed and mainly white furnishings, the staff are all young and very helpful , you could not fault this hotel

Room tip: All rooms are great , some are more spacious
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LC_Olivia, Propriétaire at La Villa Clarisse, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear MunroPamelaSmith,

Many thanks for such a beautiful comment regarding your last experience at La Villa Clarisse!

I am very glad to learn that we can count you among our regular guest.

Delighted to read that you spend a perfect stay with us and that you felt such as in your own house.

Many thanks for mentioning our staff. They give their full energy to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience. It is a pleasure to read that they succeeded in their mission.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at La Villa Clarisse.

Benjamin
Reservations Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We stayed for three nights at La Villa Clarisse Saint Martin de Re. The standard and decor of the Villa is bright, airy and tastefully decorated to the highest order. It is a very relaxing and luxurious place to stay - a jewel on France’s Atlantic coast. The location is perfect; it is quiet, yet just two minutes from the main street and port area. The staff at the Villa are extremely helpful and personable. The breakfasts were cooked to order and the tables well-presented with a good selection of foods. Florian, the Villa’s manager provided excellent recommendations for dining in the evening and although expensive, L'Avant Port was first class and a must for foodies. In addition, we dined at La Villa Clarisse’s sister hotel - Hotel de Toiras in the port area which is very cosy, attractive and luxurious with a garden atrium. Again faultless service and we had a great time.

This was our first time in Saint Martin de Re; it is easy to reach from Southampton airport using Flybe and a place to return to.

Room tip: They are all good
Date of stay: August 2016

Chère Madame, Cher Monsieur,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Villa Clarisse.

Pleased to read that you liked the Villa. Inaugurated in June 2011 after renovation, our eighteenth century mansion is dedicated to pure well-being and relaxation while retaining the soul of the old houses typical of the island. Thrilled to see that you noticed the decoration. I personally decorated the house, with the assistance of Pierre-Yves Rochon (Designer of the Four Seasons Hotel George V), using furniture’s from Ralph Lauren or antiquities for example.

Our central local, in heart of the port of Saint Martin, allows you to discover the Ile by walk and enjoy the atmosphere of a seaside village.

Since 2017, we have a new hotel manager, Benjamin Debout, who previously worked at the Plaza Athénée in Paris. Our team is dedicated to offer you the best service and assistance you may need.
We also have a new team at the restaurant. Charlotte Gricourt, our restaurant manager for Hôtel de Toiras and Villa Clarisse would be pleased to meet you and make you discover our new menu and our new Healthy breakfast.

I would be happy to organize your future stay with us.
You can contact my assistant, Lauren Médan (lmedan@olcm.fr), to arrange the details of your next stay at the Villa Clarisse or Hotel de Toiras.

I am very much looking forward to hearing from you, Dear Madam, Dear Sir, my very sincere greetings.

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Be careful when you book this hotel. It is expensive but not overly for a 5 star deluxe rated number one in the area. Not realising the difference when I booked I was put in the annex which is in a side street not on the front, is only 4 stars and way down the trip advisor ratings. I asked for a reduction, none was forthcoming on checking out.It is called Villa Clarisse. Watch out.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank O4771IXrogerm
LC_Olivia, Propriétaire at La Villa Clarisse, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Dear Sir,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at La Villa Clarisse. I truly apologize for our delay of answer, I am responding personally to every comment.

Your comment is very important to us. Our property is rated 5 stars and is part of the group Relais et Châteaux hotels. A collection which gathers nearly 540 members around the world and which aims to make you discover properties and houses hidden in unique places.

The sister property of Hôtel de Toiras is Villa Clarisse. This eighteenth century mansion is dedicated to pure well-being and relaxation while retaining the soul of the old houses typical of the island.

Following your regrettable experience, I would like to exchange directly with you by phone. May I ask for your phone number ?

I would be happy to organize personally your future stay with us.
You can directly contact my assistant, Lauren Médan (lmedan@olcm.fr), to arrange the details of your next stay at the Hotel de Toiras.

With my very warm regards,