“Bistro style open air restaurant”
Review of Le Phare

Le Phare
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Sitting amongst other diners watching what came to their table was helpful in deciding from a limited menu. Service was polite and speedy and meal was actually great and reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've eaten a pizza picante in this restaurant. Average good food!
The wine was very expensive for what is was worth.
The cocktail maison is really too strong (too much rum, I asked about it).
But, the view is super next to the harbor.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

It's not often I find a restaurant where the waiters are so rude it's laughable, but Le Phare really delivered. My two kids were sharing a margarita pizza and I asked if it could be served half without olives - not the fussiest request ever - and the waiter interrupted me mid sentence to refuse. When the pizza later arrived, there were only five olives on it anyway, making his response even more hilariously unreasonable.

We ordered the house wine for €14 and it tasted mainly of vinegar; retail price couldn't have been more than €2.

Our pizzas were ok but the chef wasn't sufficiently competent at making the dough, and used too much flour. They were also slightly undercooked.

At the end of the meal, they placed the bill on my table and never came to run it through. When I finally attracted the attention of one of the waiters from across the room, he merely pointed me to the central cashier. Well, thanks for wasting my time. Best of all, when I walked over there, they had a wireless credit card terminal anyway!

In summary, the kind of restaurant that deserves to burn to the ground.

1  Thank Matt P
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Good food and efficient staff. Busy at lunchtimes with locals and "suits" so if you don't like the sun on your head you need to grab a seat under the awning earl!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

It said pizza on the outside, so not being a massive seafood fan, this seemed a good idea. It has alot of charm and the interior is welcoming as were the waiters who move at high speed. I was tired and suddenly couldnt speak either french or english (!), but the waiter didnt make a big deal of it.
Tasty pizza.
Wide menu. Definitely worth a visit.