All reviews speak french bed court tennis spa
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This was a great find for us...we wanted a peaceful and relaxing few days and Ile d’Oleron certainly provides this.
The hotel is only 3* and the price and facilities reflect this .....but the facilities are spotlessly clean and I would say at the top end of 3*......MissusFussy review would seem unfair to me.
Our room was spacious and the bed very comfortable ....we had a small balcony which was nice. The pool was superb.....clean , quiet with plenty of sun beds and towels provided at reception. The Spa area looked immaculate too ( too warm to need a sauna!)
The breakfast selections were good ...again very top end 3*.....and constantly replenished. The staff were charming and helpful -we do speak French but I’m sure their English was good.
There are some great restaurants , bars and little shops within a few minutes walk.
We enjoyed it so much we extended our stay and would certainly recommend it to friends. We hope to return.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pollyu
Reviewed August 30, 2018

If I had read earlier reviews I would not have booked this hotel. The room was large as we had booked a suite and had a partial sea view which was pleasant. However, it was sparsely furnished in the style of a Premier Inn with the only frills being wall-mounted soap dispensers and a Nespresso machine with six capsules. The outdoor pool is good. However, whilst some sites suggest it has an indoor pool, this is a small plunge pool in the spa to which children under 16 are not permitted. There is a tennis court but only 1 out of the 3 racquets was usable so this was not realistically available. There is no restaurant although there appears to be a system whereby you can buy a jar of food, heat it up in a steamer and eat it with plastic cutlery in the bar. Fortunately, you can walk to a reasonable restaurant in 10 minutes. Unfortunately our most enduring memory of this c£750 3-day stay will be of the last day. The breakfast room and provision is uninspiring and reflected in the 12 euro price. Therefore, on day 1 we ordered the express breakfast on the terrace bar. The manager forgot to send someone to take our order so this took about 30/45 minutes. On day 2, my 12 year old took himself to breakfast and I went to meet him and sign for it. We subsequently got charged for 2 adults. On day 3, I tried to have coffee in the room. I took the last remaining decaf coffee capsule to one of the staff who I asked to replace and get me some normal ones. Meanwhile I took some cups with milk from the breakfast room to have with this coffee. At that point, the manager appeared and told me that what I was doing was not permitted. I could only have what was in the room which was the original 6 capsules (for my £750) and must not take anything from the breakfast room. The latter might have been okay as a policy (and if there was any milk in the room) but any professional manager would have explained this calmly whilst letting me off my first offence! Not so with Monsieur Basil who promptly worked himself up into a state and accused me of having been "ask! ask! ask! … always at reception … ask! ask! ask!" which public outrage lasted for several minutes. I must explain that I had asked reception to book 2 restaurants, once to supply an ice bucket to chill some wine and open a bottle of wine for me (no mini bar, of course). I also had the audacity to ask for a late check out which I had to do several times because I kept being told to go back when the person at the desk either couldn't understand or didn't have any discretion. (Which I didn't get although we were allowed to stay after check out to use the pool and changing facilities.) I do not regard any of these requests as being unreasonable but if you are happy to stay at a basic non-service establishment, speak French and can get a good rate, then the location is pleasant.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2017

This lovely hotel is opposite the beach and central to reach the town, restaurants and the local market which is open Wednesday to Saturday. The are many rooms and some face a field and others face the beach, of course the ones with sea view are more expensive, but it is really worth it ! You can watch the sunrise and the sunset as well as the tide coming in from your balcony.
We also chose the breakfast option and this is also recommended. There is a wide array of breakfast foods provided. Cereals, with cold milk, yoghurt, cheese and ham, croissants, pain au choclat, fruits, they even provide oranges and lemons that you can squeeze yourself. The breakfast room is beautifully decorated and a very relaxing place, there is also the possibilty to eat breakfast on the terrace and face the sea. In the evening, you can have a drink at the bar, there are seats on the terrace and they have even included a childrens area with toys. There is a pool and tennis courts in the complex. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, special thanks to Melissa for all the restaurant tips.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, with our Little girl and booked the Junior suite, which was lovely. Nice hotel, friendly staff, great bathroom. The breakfast is Very nice! We enjoyed it a lot. Very nice location, great views. Close to restaurant Albatros, which we can recommend for diner.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank 948ericab
Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel opposite the beach with amazing sea views and easy to find. Central for the town which is within walking distance with shops, restaurants etc.
What made the hotel really special was the friendly, helpful staff who went out of their way to provide information on where to eat and hire bikes etc.
The rooms are spacious and clean and furnished to a high standard.
Would stay here again.