“Hotel Le Francais”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in La Flotte
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Hotel Le Francais”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel le Francais was clean, a nice white room (Room 36), clean and tidy bathroom,with excellent views across the harbour, double glazing kept the room quiet, staff very helpful and polite, overall, an excellent expereience.

Room Tip: Ask for Harbour view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nancy, France
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We were let down by poor service in this hotel and in the restaurant.
So, after just one night, we decided yo move to another hotel in the same village.
The place is really nice with a small harbour and walking streets. It's not with too many people and we really enjoyed the rest of our stay.
I saw but too late that many customers are disatisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these La Flotte hotels

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We recently visited on a couple of occasions and both times were let down by poor service. The first time we called in for drinks after eating elsewhere. It was clear we were an inconvenience to the staff and upon asking if we could see the dessert menu we were told "No time" even though it was only 8.20pm! We returned again a few days later and received very slow service. Would not recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
southwest, England
Reviewed September 21, 2008

I highly recommend this hotel. As soon as I walked in, I felt I had made the right choice. All the staff are very friendly, warm and welcoming. Fantastic location in the port of La Flotte. My room (number 34: 90 Euros) was perfect: large; white and blue; immaculately clean; very peaceful; overlooking a tree-lined road with a side view of the port. There is a private area (un 'local') where you can safely leave your bike free of charge. (You get 10% discount from a local bike-rental place if you say you're staying at the hotel). I stayed three nights and was very happy there.

• Liked — Friendly welcome
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank teapot08
London, England
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I do not frequently contribute to reviews, unless there is a hotel of exceptional quality or we encounter a major problem.

Unfortunately, we did encounter a major problem with this hotel.

I shall simply outline the facts.

We booked two nights here in early August by phone with a credit card confirmation.

On arrival the hotel appeared to be in a great location, the reception, lift, and hallway were all quite modern and clean. On opening the door to room 26, one of the more expensive rooms in the hotel @ 90 euros per night, we noticed what we thought was a stale smell. We entered the room further and could smell urine and the carpet was very stained everywhere and not clean. The bathroom appeared clean. I went down to reception to explain and was met with the response that I should open the windows. I then saw a room maid who spoke good english and explained the problem. She sprayed the room with air freshener. This did not solve the problem.

I went downstairs to reception again and found a different receptionist. I asked if we could have another room, but was told this was impossible as the hotel was completely full. I said that perhaps a dog had been in the room previously. The receptionist said that the previous recent occupant/s had not had any animals with them.

We then went to get some lunch. On returning to the room, we realised that we obviously could not stay in this room due to the stench of urine and the state of the carpet.

I approached the receptionist again, who was apologetic, suggested that we could leave if we wished and that was that. She, nor her previous colleague on reception seemed to have any interest in going up to the room or helping us any further.

I have emailed the hotel a copy of this review and await their response to me and/or tripadvisor.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — ROOM REEKED OF URINE AND CARPET STAINED AND FILTHY - CHECKED OUT SOON AFTER ARRIVAL
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Devon, England
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I stayed in this hotel with my sister and our elderly Father. we had 2 rooms - one overlooked the port, and was recently re-furbished. It was light and airy and well equipped. The other was cheaper, smaller and more basic, but adequate. Breakfast was in the Bistro downstairs and was very good. Plenty of croissants and fresh bread plus fruit and yoghurts, and the coffee was drinkable, unlike in many French hotels.
The hotel is in a very good position in the centre of La Flotte which has many good restaurants and bars. There is parking a few minutes walk away, which was free in June (charges in July and August I think).

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
#2 of 6 in Sainte Marie de Re
P'tit Dej-HOTEL Ile de Re
P'tit Dej-HOTEL Ile de Re
#1 of 6 in Sainte Marie de Re

Been to Hotel Restaurant Le Francais? Share your experiences!