“Great place to stay”
Review of Cote Jardin

Cote Jardin
Ranked #3 of 18 Senlis B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in April 2014 and had a beautiful room overlooking the garden. Everything was lovely and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was excellent with a great choice of bread, croissants, pain au chocolat, ham, cheese, home-made preserves and you could have eggs or French Toast (with sugar on top - lovely). If you have a car with you there is great parking provided by Cote Jardin. Francine and her daughter are very nice and very helpful and Senlis itself is beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I booked this place following some advices in Tripadvisor. As stated in many reviews and in the presentation on the website of the "hotel", this place is an ancient private house which has been transformed in a wonderful guest house; the owners still live in the same building. Therefore, this is not a hotel in the traditional style, but, rather a guest house, B&B, or, as is called in French, a logis. This means that you will find few rooms, but perfectly equipped with a personalized service (each room is different from the Others), a touch of freshness, and refined atmosphere. Among such delicate and attentive services, I have to mention a flowers in my room, chocolates, water and a boiler to make tea or coffee.
Rooms are immaculate, quite large and spacious (my husband and I were lodged in the one named fleur de lin), more spacious than any other hotel I had ever been in France. Besides the bed (very large indeed) there was plenty of space for luggage and two big armchairs for relaxing. I appreciated also the decor, with careful attention to the details. Bathroom was very cozy and modern - I appreciated not only the shower but also the countertop in black schist stone. Since the building is ancient, there is no lift, however.
Besides the room, just at the entrance, a blooming rose garden will welcome you with its perfume; there is also another inner court in which you cans spend some lovely time. I read about a pool, but I had not the time to enjoy it. The place is quiet and peaceful, perfect for spending romantic moments.
Breakfast is served in a traditional styled kitchen: in this case too, I must say that the standard surpasses traditional French hotels: bread was crunchy, orange juice very fresh and tasty, there was also youghurt and croissants; jams and confitures deserve a special mention -they are home made, prepared by the mother of the owner.
The owner herself is a very kind person, helpful and professional, and, in particular, I want to thank her for having accompanied us to the bus station, in order to avoid us walking there.
Senlis is a little gem in the Oise region and this hotel was really charming.
I would like to suggest you to call directly the owner either at the normal or at the mobile phone, for at first I had some problems with the internet webisite.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TongBo
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked this for 1 night but unfortunately I had booked it for the wrong day. I realised what I had done and tried three times to rebook for the correct day. No answer on the phone and no return phone call although I clearly left my number. I was then charged for the night we didn't stay. Not only that but charged twice!!! after complaining and asking for a refund for the second charge they FINALLY reimbursed us but not even for the full amount . The battle continues!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank carolyn b
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Entering through the front door a wonderful surprise awaits. The entry way and gardens are beautiful. Our room overlooked the the garden area. It was the largest room we have stayed in throughout France. The decor was very nice and held a romantic warm feeling. We really appreciated the large shower stall and separate bathtub. The owner was very gracious & helpful. The breakfast area wonderful too.

Room Tip: ask for the room with a shower, some rooms just have a bath tub.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cliff C
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staying one night here was a bonus for me as I returned to the United States from Morocco and could utilize a long layover at Charles de Gaulle for a swift visit to a nearby town. Taking a taxi from the airport to Senlis and having the driver return the next morning to pick me up worked out perfectly. The only difficulty we had was that many streets in old Senlis are one way; we went around in circles several times before we located Coté Jardin. There was only a very large wooden door on the street, but, upon entering the property, one sees a well-kept older house and a beautiful garden. The interior of the house is attractively decorated and airy; the mistress, Francine, is efficient and helpful. My room was at the top of the building and many narrow stairs had to be conquered, which, after weeks of similar challenges in Morocco, seemed normal for guest houses with vintage. I actually had a suite, very comfortable and furnished with everything I might need. I had a nice view of the garden and of the large pumpkin that Francine had grown. Breakfast in the large quintessential French kitchen capped an outstanding stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Spruce912
Reviewed October 19, 2013

After reading great reviews of this B&B, my wife and I planned a 1 night stay prior to leaving France. It exceeded our expectations. Our room was extremely large and beautifully decorated. We had a separate soaking tub and shower in the bathroom, which I always appreciate. The breakfast was great and Francine, our host, was extremely nice and gave us a great restaurant recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed for one night only en route to the Dordogne, and only wish it had been longer! A delightful boutique hotel, spotlessly clean and imaginatively furnished. Although the buildings are 16th century, the decor is contemporary and stylish. We stayed in the apartment on the top floor which comprised a double bedroom, twin bedroom (both very spacious), living room, bathroom and separate toilet. The gardens are extremely pretty, with a small pool (towels provided) The proprietor, Francine, works extremely hard and is absolutely charming. Breakfast was delicious - apart from the obligatory croissants and pastries, there was a vast fruit bowl, cheese and ham, and Francine presented us with the speciality of the house - French toast with sugar! Senlis is a pretty little town, and as the hotel is situated right in the centre, we were able to walk to the nearest restaurant in the evening. A real find, and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family