TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing

this was a dream day for me, the Abbey was amazing. I couldn't believe the art and manuscripts on... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Vivienne C
Gosford, Australia
Excellent visit

Reviewed October 12, 2019
knightdiverx
Hinckley, United Kingdom

1,664 results
All reviews guided tour religious art entrance fee interesting visit production process amazing building old palace tasting room excellent visit well worth a visit nice museum quick tour beautiful paintings herbs and spices small amount for sale working distillery
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2019

I drove an extra 200 miles so that I could do this visit and I am very glad that I did. I booked the ticket in advance and duly printed it out and passed it to the lady on the desk.

The tour itself starts with a walk that you do yourself, following a guide leaflet - mine was in English for me. This part is a tour around the museum looking at all of the artifacts and pretty stained glass etc. All very interesting. The second part is a tour of the distillery, I was lucky enough to a 1 -1 guide for this in English. This part was my favourite, looking at the wonders of the production process etc. Following that, there is of course the obligatory tasting, for which you are allowed to try 2 - I tried and Benedictine and grapefruit juice and a Select Cask variety that you only buy there. Both were amazing.

I have to say, the people there were possibly the friendlest and most lovely people you could meet. Very accommodating and always willing to help you. Even the lovely girl on the cash till just wanted to chat and see that everything is ok.

Can't recommend enough, would love to come back soon.

Date of experience: October 2019
johannez232, Responsable relations clients at Palais Benedictine, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2019

Thank you very much for your visit (and driving so much to reach us) and your nice review ! It's nice to see you had a good Experience at Le Palais, and that our team is one of the reasons for that :) We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back !

Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

Lovely historic palace and distillery. Great museum to spend a couple of hours with plenty of art and history to admire. Don't miss the liquor tasting at the end of the tour in the winter garden.

Date of experience: September 2019
johannez232, Responsable relations clients at Palais Benedictine, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2019

Thank you very much for visiting Le Palais and for taking the time to leave us a review ! We are glad you enjoyed your visit :)

Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed the museum, history and the manufacturing process.
Of course the tasting was the best.
Dont spoil the medicine with to nice or fruit juice.

Date of experience: September 2019
johannez232, Responsable relations clients at Palais Benedictine, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

Thank you for your visit and your review, we are glad you enjoyed the tour !

Reviewed September 26, 2019

Visited the Palais Benedictine. Holds many treasures and also the only place in the world where Benedictine is made.

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you for your visit & your review !

Reviewed September 26, 2019

We toured the Palais Benedictine in Fecamp. It is the ONLY place in the world where Benedictine is made. (NOTE:Benedictine is an age-old liqueur originally developed by in this palais by monks.)
The tour included viewing the palais and various old artifacts. Some were unique such as a room filled with wrought-iron products of the 1500's and 1600's, including some huge locks and door hinges and door latches. Also many old manuscripts and documents. Was quite fascinating.
Also viewed a replica of the process for making Benedictine and ended with a sample tasting of the product.
Interesting Tour.

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to leave us a review ! We are glad you enjoyed your visit at Le Palais, and we hope to welcome you back :)