“Good room, disappointing breakfast”

and 1 more site!
Ibis Budget Calais Tunnel Sous la Manche
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Coquelles
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Good room, disappointing breakfast”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The room was great, provide just what we wanted, a cheap clean place to sleep being a late arrival having just crossed by Eurotunnel, ready for a quick getaway in the morning. Check in by card, find your room etc, all worked well and free wifi. The car park was good and as it was shared with more upmarket hotels didn't have the locked into a compound on an industrial estate feeling you sometimes get with chain budget hotels.
Breakfast was disapointing, plastic cutlery and tinned fruit, for heavens sake this is France.
I'd stay again but find breakfast elsewhere

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed June 13, 2013

the best hotel in the area.
stayed at this hotel for the last 6 years.
travel at least twice a year always available if booked online.
just hope the price does not go up to much more i will be sorry to not to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I had stayed at the Etap 5 days earlier and whilst there my wife lost 100 euros (5x20 euro notes) so when we returned I asked the young lady on the desk if any money had been found in the room we occupied.She said she did not understand so I showed her the receipt I had from the previous Monday to prove we had stayed there. She asked me if I wanted to change rooms and I tried to explain again and she asked did I want to book for next Monday. I could not get her to understand what I was trying to ask her.So I never found out if anybody had handed any money in.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Booked this hotel because of its price - which was reasonable and its proximity to channel Tunnel - close. There was ample car parking and the rooms were very clean but resembled a ships cabin as they were so small. This would have been fine if the bed had been even remotely comfortable - unfortunately I think I was sleeping on a pile of bricks instead of a mattress!
Breakfast was poor as the coffee was undrinkable and croissants soft. All in all I won't be staying again.
On the plus side the hotel was on the same site as the main Ibis hotel and we had a late dinner there which was excellent. I had the best burger I'd had in ages and the staff were really helpful - lesson learnt - I'll use the main Ibis next time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Coquelles hotels

Liversedge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have stayed in this hotels many times in the past and always found it to be an excellent stopover to or from the Eurotunnel and convenient for Cite Europe shopping. The only problem is that the reception is only open certain times of the day. When it isn't open you have to check-in using a machine at the entrance, on this occasion it wasn't working. We had to contact a call centre who said it would be fixed within 5 mins. This didn't happen, so we had to call again, this time it was sorted after about another 5 mins wait. Also, can't believe that a hotel with around 95% English clientele hasn't got one English channel on the TV, not even the news, which we would have liked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dunoon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was good and the rooms were clean and comfortable but the breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired. No cold milk for cereal, no bread or croissants, coffee was rotten and ended up buying one nearby to get rid of the taste. Staff were unhelpful and not replenishing anything on breakfast buffet when it ran out. When asked for cold milk for cereal we were informed there was none. By all means sleep here but get your breakfast elsewhere.

Toon
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is clean and well presented. Staff are polite, speak good English for those who don't speak French. We tend not to bother with breakfast as we feel it's too expensive for what it is. A short walk or drive to Carrefour provides a cheaper alternative, i.e. coffee & pastry for €1.30.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquelles
Ibis Calais Tunnel Sous la Manche
Inter-Hotel L'Haut'Aile
Inter-Hotel L'Haut'Aile
#1 of 7 in Coquelles
Kyriad Calais Sud - Coquelles
B&B Hotel Calais Centre Saint Pierre
Holiday Inn Calais - Coquelles
B&B Hotel Calais Coquelles Tunnel Sous La Manche

Been to Ibis Budget Calais Tunnel Sous la Manche? Share your experiences!