Ibis Calais Tunnel Sous la Manche
Hotel Le Deltaplane(Bleriot-Plage)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,642 results
All reviewscite europecar parkpolice presenceibis calaisvalue for moneyexcellent locationshopping centrelong drivefrench policemany timessecure parkingplenty of parkingcomfortable bedsideal stopan overnight staygood nights sleepen route
Reviewed January 15, 2013

An excellent hotel to stay in if using the Eurotunnel. It is convenient, clean, has a a restaurant and bar and takes dogs for a small fee of €5.00. The staff are charming and helpful. My only complaint was that the menu does not cater for vegetarians. There was just a starter that did not contain meat. This is always a problem in France! I have used this hotel a couple of times and will return again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2013

BE AWARE OF SMOKING INSIDE THE IBIS IN FRANCE. We have stayed here on numerous occasion for the past 9 years. To my horror this year when we returned to our room on the ground floor (I suffer with my breathing) it smelled as if somebody had been smoking in our room. I went to tell the male receptionist on duty and to his credit he offered to move us to another room, but when we returned it didn't seem so bad so we decided to stay. Anyway after that about every 10 minutes it smelled as if someone was smoking in our bathroom and went on like that until about 2 o'clock in the morning. When we left the hotel in the morning we told the male receptionist about what we experienced to which he shrugged his shoulders, so I told him I was going to complain to which he shrugged his shoulders again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We use lots of Ibis hotels regularly. Always book on-line and pay in advance. Checked in OK, guy behind desk looked at our printed on-line booking receipt, said: "Yes. all prepaid." We do not "eat in" so had no other additions to our account.
When we came to leave next morning, handed in room "key" - and woman behind counter told us we owed 76.60 EUR! Showed her print-out of pre-payment receipt. Refused to accept print-out of pre-paid booking receipt was genuine; demanded we had to pay. I used Ibis computer terminal to access my on-line bank account and showed her the on-screen evidence we'd paid 4 months previously, including the Ibis Coquelles reference and Accor payment reference. She STILL REFUSED to accept this and demanded we had to pay. Discussion became argument and she started accusing us of being liars and frauds to other Ibis staff who had gathered around (my French is much better then she assumed!). After much heated arguing we said we were leaving whatever as we had a ferry to catch (we only just made it!). Told her to use our contact details on their system to follow it up and check with Accor HQ. We walked out with her still insisting we owed for the room. Expected to be arrested but no police were called...
Have reported this whole very nasty incident to Accor and they are investigating on our behalf.
Apart from this, the staff who greeted us on arrival were great! As usual! No, it won't stop us staying again but I am now very wary...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibistunnel, Directeur général at Ibis Calais Tunnel Sous la Manche, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to express your stay, as our customer service you have certainly expressed a technical problem from our website we exposed a misunderstanding. Your room had indeed been set but we was impossible to have access to this information. I repeat my apologies for this technical problem was the shutter of the unfortunate incident met with my staff in reception this morning. I hope to regain your confidence in a future stay on Coquelles
very Sincerely
Anne Bertoux Cugny

Reviewed January 9, 2013

my husband and I have stayed at this hotel before and always think it is good value for money. This time we had a meal in the restaurant and this is where we were disappointed. The female member of staff that served us had a terrible attitude and would not help with the menu at all. We do realise we are in France and try to speak the language as best we can but as this hotel is obviously mainly full of english and this member of staff could speak very good english when she wanted, she could have made the effort to help us translate the menu and not walk off "in a sulk". We would stay at the hotel again but doubt we would eat there!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple