Decided to stop here overnight, for a break on our return drive to the UK after a road trip to Belgium and France. Reception staff were very friendly, checked us in quickly and spoke perfect English, although were happy to speak french with me so I could keep practicing! The room was spotlessly clean and plenty big enough for us. Ibis have storage solutions down to a fine art, so there was space for all our stuff. Big window opened wide, so plenty of fresh air and beautiful sunset to watch! TV had BBC news but no other english channels, but at least we could catch up with the news. The shower room is a clever pod, completely enclosed in hard moulded plastic. Shower is really generous, and the whole space cleared of condensation fast. Terrific shower too, powerful and plenty of hot water. We ate dinner in their pub restaurant. It is great value, two courses for under a tenner, if I recall, and tasty. The wine was cheap and decent too. Staff were attentive, and most spoke english. The big shopping mall - cite Europe - is walking distance or a short drive away. Free parking, so fab. We had never been, and were pleasantly surprised by how aimed at the french market the mall was. Picked up some lovely french linen curtains and cushions for the house. Stocked up on lots of wine and cheese at the huge grocery store there too.
My only complaint of this Ibis is that the room is just really noisy. The walls are incredibly thin, and I heard every door shut all night along the corridor, people showering above our room, etc. On top of that, this Ibis is near the dual carriageway, so there is always a background drone of traffic. The receptionist said that it would quiet down in the evening, but not enough for me. I used earplugs, but would probably stay at another local hotel next time. Just a bit too noisy for me. Otherwise, it is a fab IBIS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Coquelles Tunnel hotel benefits from an exceptional location. Next to the Channel Tunnel and the Cité Europe shopping centre, it is 10 min by motorway from the Car Ferries terminal and 5 min from Calais Frethun TGV railway station. The hotel has 86 air-conditioned rooms. It offers a restaurant, a bar serving snacks 24/24, closed free and guarded parking, a meeting room and Wifi wireless Internet access for guests on a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Ibis Calais Tunnel Sous la Manche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Calais Coquelles Tunnel Hotel Coquelles
- Accor Calais Coquelles Tunnel
- Ibis Calais Tunnel Sous La Manche Pas-De-Calais, France - Coquelles