“Excellent place to stay!”

Novotel Suites Calais Coquelles Tunnel sous La Manche
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Coquelles
Reviewed October 31, 2010

A very good place to stay. Friendly staff and spaceous, modern and well equiped room with free internet access. Very Clean. I would reccomend anyone to stay there. Very close to Cite Europe, Euro Tunnel and Bleriot-plage (seafront).
Did not try their food so won't comment.
Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Novotel Suites Calais Coquelles Tunnel sous La Manche

Reviewed October 30, 2010

After using this hotel in February 2010, we came back for another experience. We were greeted in a friendly efficient manner by the receptionist who explained all we needed to know. The room was as expected large and clean. Most small houses would be glad of the bathroom. Our room overlooked the car park. At first, I wondered if it would be a little noisy but was pleasantly surprised as to the silence. A great find for the traveller with a family looking for a nights rest before moving on into Europe.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed here with my husband enroute to England. Despite this hotel being a chain it is excellent. the rooms are large with shower, bath microwave free internet/wifi. The hotel has no restarant but has food in vending machines. You can get frozen food as well. I guess you could use the restaurant in the Ibis. We went to Bolougne and had seafood. breakfast is minimal but nice. Take your own or go next door. make an effort to sepak french as the staff appreciate it and its rude to expect staff to understand all British accents. I for one cannot!!
Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stay here on average 12/15 nights a month which is paid by my work. The staff are excellent - but we all have our moments and don't forget the travelling public can be horrendous! I always take breakfast in the Ibis, next door. It is much better and the staff there are very friendly, although I do cringe at the way my fellos British citizens assume that the staff should all speak perfect English and understand all accents. (I find it hard to understand some of me fellow countrymen in the Ibis), The only complaint I would have is that room cleaning makes no sense. I go to breakfast most days at the same time and speak to the maids as I go. I almost always dot this at the same time. 75% of the time I come back and find my room cleaned - but the rest of the time I sit and wonder when they might arrive. Today I gave up and simply told the reception desk that I preferred my own space/time over the cleaning of the room.
A small complaint?
I accept that it is. However, you would think that the nature of the hotel, eg mainly one-night stops would mean that they would look after their 'long-termers' slightly better.
Another small complaint. This hotel has been without 'presion' - barelled - beer for almost two weeks. The bottled beer is even more expensive!
One final comment. These complaints are made to show that this wonderful hotel could be even better with just a little more consideration.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank readersFolkestone
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This is a remarklably well run hotel in pristine condition, The breakfast is advertised as croissants and hot drinks, but there is much more and it is worth the extra. Only 5 min walk to CitiEurope.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed one night before crossing the tunnel to England. The location is perfect for that purpose, and it is also 5 minutes from two big malls. The room decoration is not nice, its a bit tacky,, but the room was spacey, we had a double bed and two beds for the children. Great TV with flat screen. There is no restaurant, but there is a counter with ready to eat food of good quality. There is a microwave in the room if you want to heat something. The breakfast is also nice, with many different things to try, also do it yourself, nothing cooked, all ready to eat. A good point is that free wifi internet and free movies are available at your room, with a menu of movies to choose from. Would definitely stay again if crossing the tunnel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2010

A nice stop after the euro tunnel. 4 of us stayed in 1 room with plenty of space (2 adults 2 children). Free wifi allowed me to write this in the room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coquelles
Holiday Inn Calais - Coquelles
Kyriad Calais Sud - Coquelles
Cottage Hotel
Cottage Hotel
#8 of 24 in Calais

Been to Novotel Suites Calais Coquelles Tunnel sous La Manche? Share your experiences!