The Novotel is actually on the same site as the IBIS and shares an open-air carpark. Room was comfortable and large, with unexpected extras like a microwave, which is useful if you don't want to eat at a restaurant. Breakfast was very nice, but the presentation was a bit strange; portions of different foods were packed in plastic pots and colour coded - you were urged to take one pot of each colour to get a balanced breakfast. All well and good - but a LOT of wasted plastic, so not a very environmentally friendly approach. The room was very quiet and the bed was large and comfortable, making for a good night's sleep. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. There is a small gym with a treadmill and a couple of other pieces of equipment. The Cité de l'Europe shopping mall is a five minute walk away, with loads of shops and restaurants (the hotel does not have its own restaurant). One huge shop would be an alcoholics dream - I've never seen such a wide range of beers, wines and spirits! There is also a large supermarket - great for last minute purchases of French delicacies, so I always load up there! The hotel is really near the terminal for the channel tunnel - a five minute drive away. Sadly the area around the hotel is functional rather than scenic, but this is a perfect place to stop-over if you are planning an early morning return to the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 star hotel, 100 inviting 30sqm suites. Discover our free unlimited Suite box, high-speed Internet connection, phone calls to landlines within France, videos and music on-demand, media zone with chat, music and photos… Located on the Opal Coast, 5 minutes from the Channel Tunnel, 10 minutes from the TGV Eurostar station. Beaches and Cap Blanc Nez 10 min away. 24hr services including food counter, fitness space, business corner. Bar, free massages Thursdays, parking. Tourisme et Handicap certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Suites Calais Coquelles Tunnel sous La Manche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Calais Coquelles Tunnel Sous La Manche Hotel Coquelles
- Suitehotel Coquelles
- Novotel Suites Calais Coquelles Tunnel Sous La Manche Pas-De-Calais, France