Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic service!

We arranged our bike hire from the UK - I booked a road bike, my wife and son hired ebikes. We... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2020
C2200OLjamesm
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
via mobile
Excellent Bike Rental

Great customer service and bikes for hire, with great email communication before we arrived as well... read more

Reviewed March 1, 2020
Darren M
Fitzroy, Australia

All reviews road bike col du tourmalet top quality local knowledge fantastic service bike rental scott road cycling hire luz shop addict pyrenees matt mountains france summit
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2019

I rented a Scott Addict for 3 days at the beginning of October, the bike was perfect for climbing the Cols that surround Luz and it was in perfect working condition. Mathew was a pleasure to deal with and after setting the bike up for me was able to offer great advise regarding the cols we were hoping to climb. I would recommend using Ardiden Velos and I hope to use them again next year.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed October 13, 2019

Group of four rented road bikes for a long weekends cycling in the Pyrenees. Communication via email with Matthew was easy and clear and he and his team made the whole experience really great. Bikes were delivered and collected from where we were staying and were all in great condition and really well maintained. Can’t recommend highly enough for anyone looking for bike rental in the area.

Reviewed October 9, 2019

What a great place to rent bikes. Matthew (the owner) and his team make it so easy, from reserving the bikes, to setting them up according to your measurements so you waste no time getting up some of the famed Cols of the Tour de France. The shop is well located in Luz St. Sauveur, close to the bottom of Col de Tourmalet.
The bikes we rented were lovely high end Scotts, offered in a generous range of sizes, the smallest being perfect for me, being 5 feet tall. Enough gears (11-32) to get you up the steeps!
Matthew also suggested some routes to ride which were gorgeous.
The shop has some great bike gear too if you are in need.
We can’t say enough good things about this place. We will go back soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2019

Seven of us rented bikes. They were either Scott Addict 10 or Addict RC20, at a very reasonable price, including free delivery and pickup in Argelès-Gazost. The bikes were practically new and well-maintained. Even helmets were available by request at no charge.

We also visited the shop in Luz-Saint-Sauveur. It has a good selection of merchandise, including 'Col du Tourmalet' jerseys, and drinking water and toilet available for customers.

Matthew gave us a great tip for avoiding motor traffic on the climb from Argelès-Gazost to Col du Soulor (and then Col d'Aubisque) by going via Saint-Savin and Col des Bordères, a quiet, pretty route.

Reviewed October 1, 2019

We couldn't have been happier with the bikes were rented. Two charming bike repair experts appeared at our hotel with our Scott Addict bikes even before schedule and carefully fit each bike to rider.

I take a bike on the small side, and they gave me an excellent bike that was exactly the same size as requested. Other bike shops in other European cities couldn't meet that request; the smallest bikes they provided were a bit larger than this one. Special kudos to Ardiden Velos for providing exactly the right frame size.

A recreational endurance rider, I needed a good gear ratio on the carbon fiber bike in order to climb Col du Tourmalet. And, the bikes we got were perfect. I highly recommend renting high quality road bikes here. They dropped off and picked up bikes right now time. It's also worth a visit to their shop where they carry an excellent selection of jerseys and goods. Several in our group stocked up on nice memorabilia there. Mike Khaw of Agile Compass, our travel guide, arranged the rental for us.