Open today: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic service!

We arranged our bike hire from the UK - I booked a road bike, my wife and son hired ebikes. We... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2020
C2200OLjamesm
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
via mobile
Excellent Bike Rental

Great customer service and bikes for hire, with great email communication before we arrived as well... read more

Reviewed March 1, 2020
Darren M
Fitzroy, Australia

All reviews road bike col du tourmalet top quality local knowledge fantastic service bike rental scott road cycling hire luz shop addict pyrenees matt mountains france summit
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2019

Seven of us rented bikes. They were either Scott Addict 10 or Addict RC20, at a very reasonable price, including free delivery and pickup in Argelès-Gazost. The bikes were practically new and well-maintained. Even helmets were available by request at no charge.

We also visited the shop in Luz-Saint-Sauveur. It has a good selection of merchandise, including 'Col du Tourmalet' jerseys, and drinking water and toilet available for customers.

Matthew gave us a great tip for avoiding motor traffic on the climb from Argelès-Gazost to Col du Soulor (and then Col d'Aubisque) by going via Saint-Savin and Col des Bordères, a quiet, pretty route.

Reviewed October 1, 2019

We couldn't have been happier with the bikes were rented. Two charming bike repair experts appeared at our hotel with our Scott Addict bikes even before schedule and carefully fit each bike to rider.

I take a bike on the small side, and they gave me an excellent bike that was exactly the same size as requested. Other bike shops in other European cities couldn't meet that request; the smallest bikes they provided were a bit larger than this one. Special kudos to Ardiden Velos for providing exactly the right frame size.

A recreational endurance rider, I needed a good gear ratio on the carbon fiber bike in order to climb Col du Tourmalet. And, the bikes we got were perfect. I highly recommend renting high quality road bikes here. They dropped off and picked up bikes right now time. It's also worth a visit to their shop where they carry an excellent selection of jerseys and goods. Several in our group stocked up on nice memorabilia there. Mike Khaw of Agile Compass, our travel guide, arranged the rental for us.

Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

Booked a Scott Addict 10 online in advance of the trip. I had very good follow up from some supplementary issues with Matthew. All very professional and helpful.
The bike pick up was seamless and the bike came with puncture repair kit, spare inner tube and pump. I was also given a rear light at request.
The bike was well maintained and carried me up and down the local cols with no problems at all with the bike. (my own capabilities are a different matter).
I recommend this shop for bike rental.
They also spoke excellent English.
Simon

Reviewed September 26, 2019

This is the second time we have rented bikes from Ardiden Velos. As with our first occasion it is difficult to fault the professional and comprehensive, as well as the very friendly, service provided by Ardiden Velos. The bikes are of the of the highest quality and the idiosyncrasies of some members of our group were happily and easily accommodated.

Matthew has a comprehensive knowledge of riding in the area so make sure you talk to him before commencing your riding.

Reviewed September 25, 2019

I hired a bike for 2 days this September. Booked it months ago. I was able to pick it up the evening before my booking started. Bike was all ready and waiting for me. Quick saddle adjustment and I was done. Must have been in the shop for only 5 minutes! The bike was fab. A Scott Addict. I've not ridden one before but would happily do so again.

The staff were very friendly and chatty. Couldn't have asked for an easier way to hire a bike. Good selection of all things needed for cycling, and gifts too. My kids are veey happy with their marmotte socks!

I hope to return to the area again and will definitely use Ardiden Velos again.