“Wonderful and Highly recommended”

Chateau de Castel-Novel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Varetz
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Wonderful and Highly recommended”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was our first stop in France. The staff here were superbly trained and were very helpful. The Chateau was in a charming setting . Our room was well appointed, clean and beautiful. We had dinner here. The hotel management helped us arrange a babysitter at the last minute so we could enjoy a wonderful , well presented dinner. The breakfast buffet was excellent as well.
The pool was nice to have on a hot summer's eve.
When we returned from a trip out the staff offered and made a cute snack for my daughter. All in all this was a wonderful place to stay and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The wireless internet was only available on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
essex
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Family run hotel set in beautiful grounds. We spent two nights. Our room was spacious, comfortable and well equipped. Service was friendly and efficient. Evening dining was excellent and there was a good self service breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cricketfan99
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed here one night as a wedding guest. My room was very comfortable and had a small balcony with a fantastic view of the countryside. When I booked I chose a small room but it was fine for the two of us for one night. I took the train from Paris to Brive and then it was a 20 minute taxi ride to the chateau. One word of caution for anyone taking the train: I did wait at the taxi stand for a while before a taxi came, and I did not have a working phone to call for one at the time. I checked into the hotel around 2pm. The one down side to my arrival time was that there was no food available at the chateau. However, my fiance and I wandered down the road for about 15 minutes and found a supermarket and what looked like a restaurant or two. We bought some snacks at the market which was fine to tide us over until the wedding. Regarding the wedding, the food and wine was spectacular, as was the brunch the following morning. I was only there one night, so I cannot speak to what other amenities were available, but it was truly a terrific experience for us. There was a bit of a backup checking out the next morning, as many of the hotel guests were leaving at the same time, but that was to be expected for a small venue with one person manning the desk.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Our last minute booking at the Castel-Novel exceeded all expectations, even having read the reviews below. The location and views were superb, the hotel elegant and welcoming with exceptional staff and just lovely food. Superlatives are not enough!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2010

From our arrival to our departure we were treated to the very best Service and attention possible. The Michelin Starred restaurant is as good as it gets, the staff are as attentive & efficient as is possible, the Hotel, Grounds, Rooms, Pool etc are all superb.When we checked out we were even given a bottle of Mineral Water to take on the journey !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed at the Chateau de Castel Novel in March 2010. I have stayed in some top hotels, and I must say that this hotel is up there with the very best of them. The service is professional, polite and definitely 5 star. The Hotel itself is wonderfully tranquil and really is what dreams and memories are made of. The food was exceptional and the French hospitality was evident from the moment of arrival. The only negative comment that I can make is that due to other commitments we were only able to stay for 1 night. I will make sure that I return whenever possible. A truly exceptional and beautiful hotel and my thanks to Sophie and her staff for making a business trip a complete pleasure.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Switzerland
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I can't praise this hotel enough. We got a good rate, but yet they upgraded us. The staff are young, helpful and kind. The rooms are lovely. The service and attentiveness are excellent. The food is great and not unreasonably overpriced (expect to pay EUR 150 - 200 for a good dinner for 2 including a bottle of wine, water, coffee etc, but then you only went there to spoil yourself, right?). Go. You won't regret it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Varetz
Chateau de Lacan
#4 of 20 in Brive-la-Gaillarde
Les Coquelicots Inter Hotel
Les Coquelicots Inter Hotel
#1 of 1 in Saint-Pardoux-l'Ortigier

Been to Chateau de Castel-Novel? Share your experiences!