“Ordinary Food- Nice view”
Review of La Marine

La Marine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Six of us ate at LaMarine this past week. I had a gin and tonic for e9, which is outrageous. We had pea soup, bland cool plaice, cold tasteless noodles, and eight o'clock dessert. The server was extremely busy, and didn't come back to check on us until we were about done, when we were able to order water. After a wonderful dinner the night before, as well as many other French Hotel good meals, for the e35 each person, this was a sad experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food is quite good, although the portions they serve are twice as big as one would expect. I suggest getting half a portion if you are not ravenous, because I could not finish my plate of Moules Mariniere even after a whole day of visiting museums! Overall a good place to eat.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to this restaurant after a day of visiting the beaches. We were very hungry. The view and the location of the restaurant is perfect, just in front of the beach. We where given a table quickly and this is about it. The music was not adequate for a restaurant (I am a barbie girl song by a middle aged man...) I find it hard to understand how anybody could put such lousy mucis in a restaurant which is supposed to be upscale. After having waited 10 minutes that someone would offer us something to drink or to take our order and after seing the only other table (who had arrived after us being served), we decided to leave. The 2 waiters and the owner did not seem to mind. Not a good experience.

2  Thank Montcalm007
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The view is the best in town, and menu is pretty good but by no ,means cheap. No English speaking staff despite what advert said! Went twice as other places in town stare out at other restaurants and diners!!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

loved the seafood platter (huge!!) and the sole from port-en-bessin (about 5 minutes down the road). we ate there on a sunday night and it was packed!

1  Thank mrwatson