“Fantastic”

Horley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This restaurant was just down the road form our B&B. We were warmly welcomed by Christian who introduced my friends and I to a local liqueur. Our meal surpassed all of our expectations and was quite frankly fantastic. Service was excellant and Christian ensured that we were accomadated well.
We went back the following night and had a repeat of the first so I can genuinely recommend this treasure trove of a restaurant to any one staying in Arromanches.
Sophie`s menu was delicious and cooked to perfection combined with Christian and his son`s attention to service made our evening very very enjoyable.

• Visited April 2013

• Greek first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Friendly and very welcoming!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

After a diastrous encounter with a different restaurant the night before (which was our first night in this area) we were very dubious about what to expect when we decided to try out Les P'tites Assiettes. Our fears were put to rest when we walked into the place. The staff were welcoming and very friendly and although the kitchen wasn't opened for another 20 minutes we were offered a seat and a drink to look over the menu which was greatly welcomed as it was extremely cold outside! The food was excellent, the wine was excellent and the service was excellent. If I am back in the area I would not hesitate to go back to this venue.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Runeen
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“bright and cheery”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

There are many restaurant choices in this little seaside village. We stopped at this place for lunch because it was a bright and cheery place with lots of windows. I had the Normany soup and it was delicious and very nicely served. Add to that a couple of glasses of local wine and the peche melba; it could not have been better. Nice presentation. Avoid the Italian items; they are average and you should not be ordering Italian food in France!

• Visited October 2012
Wichita, KS
“Good Food - Questionable Service”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have traveled a bit in France and look forward to great food and wine that typically we find there. We tired the Mulberry/Les P'tites Assiettes on the recommendation of our B&B. He personally walked us down and introduced us.

The wine was reasonably priced, the menu limited but varied. We ordered two starters and two mains. The starters arrived prior to the wine and water we had requested. The starters were fine, nothing fabulous. The two mains arrived - my spouse had ordered duck, and we were very careful how we ordered so the duck would not come out overcooked - we prefer under vs. overcooked. We even used the translator app on my phone to assist. The duck arrived so overcooked it was inedible. We finally flagged down the waiter, he sent over the chef - and incredibly rude woman, who preceded to tell us we had ordered it incorrectly - even though she said we'd asked for rouge. Long story long, they were out of duck, we had to go with another entree, by the time that showed up another 30 minutes had passed. No one checked on us, replenished our wine & water, nothing. My entree was long gone, I honestly can't remember what it was at this point.
What started out to be an enjoyable evening was quickly squashed by the incredibly rude and inattentive staff - I would not recommend going unless you are fluent in French. Le Pappagall is a much nicer environment, better food and cheaper prices with outstanding service.

• Visited November 2011
Petersfield, UK
“Best place in town”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed in Arromanches for a few days in October whilst exploring the D-Day beaches.

Most of the restaurants in town are on one main street, all of which look like tourist traps - certainly a restaurant in France that has "Fish & Chips" on the menu ( written in English ) is not going to be anything special.

However having read the reviews of this restaurant on Trip Advisor, and seeing that it was rated number 1 of all the local restaurants we decided to give it a go. And am glad we did!

When you first arrive, you are welcomed either by the owner or one of his friendly staff and offered an aperitif in a pleasant little lounge area whilst you peruse the menu. Orders are taken in the lounge and you can then move to your table at your leisure.

The owner does speak some
English but if you can make an effort to converse in French it does seem to be appreciated.

The menu itself is not huge with a variety of meat and seafood dishes. Wherever possible the restaurant uses locally sourced vegetables and meat.

The wine list is adequate and there are a variety of local cidres on offer too - I particularly recommend the Rose cidre!

One nice touch, if you are travelling with children, is that they don't have a dedicated children's menu as as such. Instead they offer a smaller portion of anything off the main menu. However if there really isn't anything that takes the younger ones fancy then they will also serve fish nuggets or a steak hache.

Service was efficient and not obtrusive in any way an the owner clearly likes to look after his guests.

The food itself was very enjoyable - I cant say it was outstanding but was a good typical French meal.

If I was in the area again I would definitely pay a return visit - as another reviewer has commented though I wouldn't particularly drive out of my way.

2 Thank Frontera2