“Late night service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasserie Au 6 Juin

Brasserie Au 6 Juin
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Late night service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived here very late but they allowed us to have a main which was very good of them. What we had was ok but not great. Would I return, probably not.

London, United Kingdom
“Not doing any favours for the reputation of French brasseries”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The service was kind and efficient, but my boeuf bourgignon was really quite unpleasant; there was no richness to the sauce and its meat was watery and tasted very cheap. I would fuss less about this in a chain pub in Essex but this is France, and I paid a decent price; I expect something that is close to the French ideal, not a watery parody of it.

Haddenham, United Kingdom
“Good Food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

However - I was displeased that after I had been seated and was engaged in dealing with my first course, that the waiter sat three ladies and their three infant children at the table directly next to where I was sitting. The restaurant was only 10% occupied and there was no reason for him to have done this, except that given the choice no one else would have sat anywhere near them. The children were noisy and unruly - and their mothers couldn't have cared less whilst eating their crepes. However, my salad starter was good, and the Moules Mariniere had a very good and rich sauce. The price I thought was rather hefty. Would I return? No.

Cheshunt
“Speedy service at no cost to quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were staying in a campsite about 15 minutes walk from the village centre and had passed this restaurant several times. On our last evening in the area we decided to try it out. Our waiter was a jovial 'Anglophile' and made our evening so enjoyable. We ordered our drinks and meals and they were at our table within 10 minutes. My wife ordered chicken and I ordered boef bourginon which was absolutely delicious and showed just why the French are renown for their classic cuisine. We had a lovely evening amongst some real 'characters', especially our marvellous waiter!

• Visited June 2014
“great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We loved the atmosphere of this nostalgic restaurant. Some English spoken, enough to get our order correct. Nice screened in seating for cooler nights.

• Visited June 2014