“Good Food.”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

However - I was displeased that after I had been seated and was engaged in dealing with my first course, that the waiter sat three ladies and their three infant children at the table directly next to where I was sitting. The restaurant was only 10% occupied and there was no reason for him to have done this, except that given the choice no one else would have sat anywhere near them. The children were noisy and unruly - and their mothers couldn't have cared less whilst eating their crepes. However, my salad starter was good, and the Moules Mariniere had a very good and rich sauce. The price I thought was rather hefty. Would I return? No.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were staying in a campsite about 15 minutes walk from the village centre and had passed this restaurant several times. On our last evening in the area we decided to try it out. Our waiter was a jovial 'Anglophile' and made our evening so enjoyable. We ordered our drinks and meals and they were at our table within 10 minutes. My wife ordered chicken and I ordered boef bourginon which was absolutely delicious and showed just why the French are renown for their classic cuisine. We had a lovely evening amongst some real 'characters', especially our marvellous waiter!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We loved the atmosphere of this nostalgic restaurant. Some English spoken, enough to get our order correct. Nice screened in seating for cooler nights.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Sadly this is an all too often found occurrence - french restaurant catering for tourist clientele and the normandy battlefields are full of them - tourists and poor restaurants by the sound of it. Dinan Vieux Port is another place but actually not as bad as this restaurant. 'Menu du terroir' €15.90. my partner and i had oeuf en cocotte - potentially nice but not hot enough to cook the raw egg added to it. i just gag at egg white jelly in my food! Partner had pork in white sauce which was obviously precooked hours ago and like my old school dinners. My white fish in sauce again was precooked and stewed hours ago and turned out to be sardines and just like tinned sardines had crunchy backbone in the middle - really unpleasant. The only nice things were the house red and the ice cream which both prob came from the cash and carry, and the chocolate dessert. Definitely avoid. But then most restaurants in the centre of Arromanches look of similar quality.

2  Thank PeterHockenhull
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We visited here during the 70th DD anniversary for lunch. We had beef borginoun which was beautiful. The meat was tender and there was plenty of it. Service as efficient and fast.....can't offer any complaints.

1  Thank kir2