“Average Lunch, Good Service”
Review of Johnny Appleseed Restaurant - CLOSED

Johnny Appleseed Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stopped here after taking a tour of the local Route 11 Chip Factory. We were a party of 12, and had prior reservations. We were seated immediately and had out drink orders taken. Everyone selected a variety of food from their menu and seemed contented with their choices. No one raved about anything in particular. I had an omelette, which was served with fries. All was good and I cleaned my plate, as did the rest of our party. Everything was served at the right temperature, and they were good about bringing refills on the drinks. Our server was pleasant and did check with us during the meal. A decent meal at a decent price and decent service. Would return when traveling again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I liked the apple fritters which are given to you free at all meals. I also liked the fact that there was a wide choice of items on the menu.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

A very clean and nice family restaurant. Okay for lunch but we like to dine in better atmospheres and more privately. We were in a tour group so we were all placed together at two large tables. It is a very open-type restaurant. The food was okay but nothing special. I had the luncheon roast beef sandwich and passed on the dessert. Supposedly the strawberry shortcake is to be wonderful. Almost everyone in our group ordered it., It was frozen strawberries on a breakfast-type biscuit. The topping looked like Cool Whip. It was very large. The lady seated next to us said it wasn't very good. Most of the other people ordered the special luncheon which our waitress neglected to tell us about. It was BLT. What can you do to a BLT? I would have ordered it. But my sandwich was fine. Service was okay but nothing special. We had to wait for our check until after the dessert people were served. We wanted to go out and take some pictures. The gift shop had lots of stuff with apples. Nice if you were looking to buy souvenirs. We wouldn't go back. I;m sure there are lots of nicer places to dine for lunch where there is some privacy.

1  Thank MaryannF650
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A nice breakfast buffet with hand rolled biscuits and all the fixens.

PRice was a little steep for where we were but given our own hotel had only a continental fare we enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had breakfast before heading off to the chase Civil War battles. Great service, good food, nice clean restaurant. Pancackes were big and fluffy! We would have gone back, but we were headed a different direction.

1  Thank Barbara B