“Good food, decent price”
Review of Southern Kitchen

Southern Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in New Market
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Good food, decent price”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family and I travelled to Luray Caverns this past week. After touring the caverns we were starving. My wife did not want to eat at the café at the caverns due to price so we searched for somewhere close. My wife found Southern Kitchen through Yelp and suggested we try it. The fried chicken is incredible! The rest of the menu is good, not exceptional, but good and reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2014

Silver Spring, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fantastic 1955 time warp - good solid cooking, friendly service from local ladies, exacting decor - original table bases supporting formica tops in booths with individual jukeboxes! Still offered a good tuna wrap, good club, great home made potato salad AND beer and wine. On top of that the price is right.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BarGirl1957
Willoughby, Ohio
“Visited Twice”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Excellent service and food. We traveled with friends who made a visit last year. The fried chicken, beef vegetable soup, peanut soup and pie are beyond delicious. You will not be disappointed with a great meal. Decent prices too.

Visited July 2014
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Home cookin'”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

On our way to South Carolina we stopped to do some antiquing. The shop owner suggested Southern Kitchen when we asked for a place the "locals" would have lunch. I had the meat loaf special. It was like Mom makes with the best mashed potatoes. My friend had two of the best pork chops she has ever tasted. Their stewed tomatoes were awesome. We were too full for dessert!

• Visited June 2014
“Best fried chicken and peanut soup”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for dinner a couple nights ago on the recommendation of a friend. It's a little pricier than other places I've stopped at in the area but the quality was good and it's definitely old school. The fried chicken was better than my Grandmother's (but don't tell her I said that). The peanut soup was not what I expected, but it was delicious. And I'm pretty sure the pie and merengue on it were both homemade.