“Great, homestyle experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 12, 2013

From the outside and upon entering, you are walking into a standard old style looking restaurant. Once seated, every aspect of the visit is outstanding. The service is friendly with a staff that makes you feel special, welcome and at home. All of the food tasted freshly prepared and extremely delicious. The peanut soup was so unique and tasty as I personally have never even heard of peanut soup. After tasting it, I was amazed at how flavorful it was and sorry that I live far away from this restaurant and will probably never get the chance to have it again. I ordered the chopped steak which usually has mushroom gravy, I asked the server for brown gravy and onions instead and she assured me that it would be her pleasure to make it however I would like. The meal came out juicy and delicious, the best I have ever had. My wife ordered the fried chicken and I have never tasted better. The skin was crispy, flavorful without a hint of grease. The chicken was juicy, fresh and perfectly cooked. Amazing meal with great service, all of the many side items were equally delicious. I will remember this restaurant for any time I am driving through I-81 in Va to make certain I stop there.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We did a recon of a future cruise to Mt. Jackson, VA and this is the dining opportunity which was recommended by one of the local attractions.

We are very pleased to tell you this is an outstanding family restaurant. The feature food item is fried chicken. You need to try this, I don't believe you will be disappointed.

Great parking, 50s/60s diner atmosphere. Lots of seating. Must go there!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Known for their peanut soup and homemade meringue pies, this is the place to go for lunch specials under $6 dollars and the best fried chicken in the valley. Located in Neew Market, Virginia at the south end of town on route 11.Oh yea, the juke box is cool, too.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were going to a picnic and needed some food. We called the Kitchen, ordered the fried chicken and a fsome sides to go. Everything was very good.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We loved our evening meal at this restaurant that the local people go to. The food was good and the price was reasonable. We try to go to the places that the local people go to, and this restaurant was great. This is a "two-thumbs up" place to eat.