“Best seafood and price I have found!”
Review of Sherrill Seafood House - CLOSED

Sherrill Seafood House
Cuisines: Seafood
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Best seafood and price I have found!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had been by this place many times and always wanted to try it and I now have finally. The food to me was as good as going to a little place at the beach. I had the oysters and my girlfriend had the mini crab cakes (which are made from snow crab instead of blue crab). They were GREAT! I love oysters and have certainly had my share and they rank with the best. Everything was made to order and the fries are the best. Service was great! If someone can tell me where you can buy an oyster basket meal (which is fries and oysters and probably 10+ of them at that) and approximatly 6 mini crab cakes (which are around the size of a golf balls) and fries and two drinks for $18 and some change please let me know where it is cause in my book you can't bet the price. We plan on returning often!!

• Visited May 2012

Shenandoah Valley, VA
“A Tasty Surprise in the Valley”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stumbled across Sherrill's on a lazy afternoon in the Shenandoah Valley while we were looking for an independent place for a late lunch. The exterior was not impressive and the place was empty so we didn't have high hopes for the seafood. Well we were wrong! It was lightly breaded and fried and we were told it was fresh except for my clam strips (which were excellent nonetheless). Fries were also good but seriously did not like the cole slaw. It had a real bite to it. I got the sampler with shrimp, small scallops, and clam strips in place of oysters. Husband had the oysters. All were excellent and server was friendly, efficient, attentive, and there were no language difficulties as reported earlier. I'm sorry it's so far away because Red Lobster is such a big deal and expensive. Platters at Sherrill's are $8.75 to $16.95 (snow crab legs). I don't know where the reviewer who thought it was expensive is normally getting his seafood but I didn't consider these prices excessive at all. Next time I'll just get the seafood and fries since I didn't like the cole slaw and that brings the price down to $6.95 which is impossible to beat! Great find and will definitely return.

• Visited February 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Good seafood but pricey”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Judging from the other reviews we expected better but while the food was good- it was all frozen and pre-breaded. We would not have known except that the server/cook carried a bag of frozen/breaded calimari rings across the dining room, right in front of us to go put them in the fryer. Everything is fried. The owner/server speaks no English. She speaks enough to take an order but thats it. she could not direct us to a drug store or market in town. There are four tables but the place was empty when we went in- parking is hit and miss in a small private lot. I had oysters which were very good, and the wife liked her clams. The french fries are coated with that annoying seasoning crust. The food was good but seemed a little pricey for pre-fab seafood. Of course were in the mountains many miles from the sea- what can I expect?

• Visited July 2011
Luray, Virginia
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Excellent fried lump crabmeat, best french fries and coleslaw. The hush puppies are super. Very small unpretentious atmosphere with excellent service. Great carry out as well. My husband had the fried shrimp and our son the steamed shrimp. Everything delicious.....

Visited May 2011
3 Thank nadineVa
Arkansas
“Amen to review # 1”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Good little restaurant. The oysters were great, the crab cakes are good but not Maryland's, the hush puppies are unusual but very good.

3 Thank TroyV1