“Good spot, near Luray Caverns”

Days Inn New Market Battlefield
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in New Market
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The hotles locations' is right of the highway.Turn right immediately onto the road leading up next to the exit. The hotel is dated and the room we had was okay for 1 night. It seems as if they are making an effort to spruce it up but the possibilities maybe limited due to the building age.
Luray and the Luray caverns are about 15 to 25 minute drive away from this location. Free wifi, good enough speed.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2009

Location is OK. the other side of busy interstate from the small town high street. Room was clean but dark. Fridge worked.

Internet does not work with anything but Windows PC and Explorer (Mac/Linux/Opera/Firefox forget it). Safe was broken.

Main problem is that with the exception of one lady, the staff (including reception) spoke almost no English. OK if you have Indian language though. If you have to stay, don't pay more than $45 including tax.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This hotel was extremely dirty, almost to the extent that we thought of spending the night in our car rather than in the room. We got there very late in the night, and were so dead tired that we didnt just leave. I guess I had not imagined the extent of horrible room that was in store for us.
-- The carpet was nasty ( it looked like it was not cleaned in decades; guaranteed that I have never seen a dirtier carpet anywhere in my life!!). We stayed in our shoes to avoid keeping one toe on the carpet.
-- The bed was aweful, sheets were stained, and more importantly the bed completely sloped at one end, so I kept falling if I didnt sleep snugly near my husband.
-- The bathroom lights did not work, the hair dryer had a web of worms forming in it.
-- The place was not dusted.
-- Lastly, really, the hotel had only 3 rooms occupied, and the next morning we were the only car in the parking lot at the time of checkout.
-- We shared our complains with the staff, but there were indian people who didnt seem to care.
-- I could barely sleep at night, and I only waited for it to be morning at to leave ASAP.
-- We had booked the place on the phone, so sadly we suffered.

PLEASE spare yourself a terrible experience. There are towns of other hotels in the area, that might be like $5 -10 more... but you wont hate your stay....

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Our room was cold and it took until about 4 am before it started feeling warm. We requested extra blankets and the ones that they brought seemed dirty and had holes in them. The king size bed was broken on one side. The toilet looked like it had not been scrubbed in over a month. The "free wi fi" was not working which might explain the bad TV reception. The owners did not speak English very well, so it was hard to communicate with them. This is so unacceptable. Clean toilets and clean blankets with no holes are not that hard to deliver. And is it too much to ask for the bed not to be broken in?? Definately will not stay here again!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Purpleisnice
Reviewed September 27, 2008

My husband and I were on our honeymoon. We had stayed at a really nice bed and breakfast for a few days, and were enjoying our stay so much that we decided to find a hotel room to spend an extra night in VA. We had been in New Market most of the day and decided to just find a hotel there instead of driving around aimlessly at night to find a place. We figured a Days Inn would be a safe bet, right? WRONG. Trust me, we are not very picky people but this place was downright DISGUSTING. We slept in our clothes because the bedding was filthy. We didn't even get showers in the morning because they were nasty. Now, I am a person who enjoys camping and believe me when I tell you that showering outside in the middle of the woods would be preferable to being inside this hotel. Had it not been for the late hour and last minute decision we would have been out of there. The desk staff was rude, the breakfast was pathetic. I have nothing nice to say about this place. You couldn't pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2003, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meesh233
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed here on our way to Philly and NYC coming out of NC. Guys, this is an easy decision. Nothing fancy, no frills, just your basic stop-
over motel with a pool. I was very happy with this location, it was convenient to the highway and made a good "half-way" point for us. Exterior hallways make it convenient to get from our vehicle to the room, in and out quick. The pool was relaxing after many hours of driving.

The hotel is actually located on the site of a small battlefield and New Market as a town is very picturesque, quaint town and worth a quick drive-through visit (at least for dinner or fast food). The area is underdeveloped and very scenic with the mountains. If you're on your way somewhere you can't go wrong staying here. It was the nicest motel I saw in the area. Book it.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2008

When we arrived and opened the door, the smell was unbelievable. It smelled like an old wet dog. I sprayed hair spray through the room because I had no room deodorant, and then we left for awhile . Came back and still smelled like the family dog was in there.
Went to the refrigerator and someone else's stale piece of pizza was laying inside, unwrapped and shriveled up.
Went to the bathroom and someone else's dirty washcloth was draped across the shower curtain rod.
There was hair in the tub and mold all around.
The sink faucet kept falling apart and the hair dryer didn't work.
I called the manager and he said he would take care of it, but when we left, the pizza, the washcloth, the mold and the broken hair dryer was still there, along with the wet dog smell.
The free continental "breakfast" was disgusting. The bread was stale, there was cold boiled eggs, and the juice was so watered down that there was barely any color to it.
We have stayed in many, many hotels and motels, but this was by far the most disgusting place we have ever stayed.
When you are driving through New Market, KEEP DRIVING!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
#4 of 9 in Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
The Mimslyn Inn
#1 of 9 in Luray

Been to Days Inn New Market Battlefield? Share your experiences!