“Pleasant Atmosphere”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in New Market
Montclair, New Jersey
“Pleasant Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

When we stopped over in New Market on our drive south, I was a little apprehensive due to the location of the hotel, off the road and in back of other buildings, but there was no need. We found a pleasant welcome from the front desk, and hot spiced apple cider to warm us. The room was neat and clean, with both indoor and outdoor doors that had bolts for security. There is a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a small fitness center. We were very pleased with our accommodations, and plan to stay here again in the near future.

Room Tip: There are also rooms with only inside doors available.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
qinm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you found our hotel nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley! We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Oswego, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We usually arrive late in the evening with no advance notice and the front desk staff is always very helpful. The rooms are a bit outdated but always very clean. Some of the rooms have an additional door to the outside which isnt my favorite, so I always ask for a room with no outside exit.

A+ Thanks Guys

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HeatheJones
Your kind words are very appreciated. We strive to exceed our customers requests and expectations. I am glad we were able to achieve this during your stay. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future!!
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Rude front desk....smoky smelly hallways....incompetent billing...still sorting it out 6 weeks after my trip....they are clueless. I asked to speak to manager (Mary Smith) and she refused...at least that is what I was told.
Their location is good however....that's got to be the only reason they stay in business....ob but they will say sorry...a lot!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Emily D
qinm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
It is unfortunate when a customer is not satisfied with our services. We strive to treat our guests with respect and appreciate the same courtesy. We feel honesty
is always the best policy. As I previously stated in my e-mail response to you as well as our phone conversation, When our guests are traveling with their pet companions we also have the health and welfare of our other customers to safeguard. We
appreciate your comments, they are a valuable tool to help us hone our guest services.

Travelers are raving about these New Market hotels

Cape Cod
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

After a bad experience last year at New Market, we tried the Quality Inn. Everything was excellent. The room, exactly as we had requested it was waiting for us. Dinner at their Johnny Appleseed restaurant was very good and fairly priced. The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. This will be our New Market stopover in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Don B
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to serving you during your future stays!
Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I have been staying here off and on for many years. When we come to the Shenandoah Valley we either stay at the Blue Ridge Inn in New Market (see my review) or this Quality Inn. We are tending to stay at the Quality Inn more now. Our recent stay for two nights in late November 2012 was delightful. We found our room very clean and there is a microwave and a refrigerator which is nice to have. Our room was in the back of the hotel but we did not hear any highway noise inside our room. The only complaints I have about the room is that the TV reception could have been better and they do not have flat screen HD TVs as some hotels do now. Some stations looked a little snowy and the TV is just plain old. Time for a new set! Also, they have these smaller size pillows that I found too fluffy and not comfortable to sleep on. In fact, they were so terrible, we went to Dollar General up the street and I bought two nice pillows (which I love and use at home now) and sleep well the next night. The bathroom was very clean and plenty of toiletries. The shower worked well. There is a hair dryer and ironing board in the room. One problem would be that if you stay on the second floor there is no elevator but we had a room on the first floor which was fine. You can enter your room through the outside and park right outside or enter through a hallway which is nice. There is a cute gift shop on the premises and a dining room that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their specialty is apple fritters and they are terrific! You get some with every meal. Order extras and take some home! We always do! My husband and I ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel and found the food to be plentiful and good tasting. They have a lot of apple dishes. I did find my apple dumpling with dinner a little disappointing (kind of soggy) but otherwise, our meals were very good. The wait staff and front desk staff is very nice. If you stay there, you can get 20% off for breakfast and 10% off for dinner. Big hint: we got a terrific price for our room because I looked on www.hotelcoupons.com (formerly roomsaver.com) and secured a room for $49.99 a night for a weekend ($44.99 for weekday). Regular price would have been from $65-80 per night so I feel we got a good deal. If you go at off times of the year, you should have no problem getting a room with a discount without an advance reservation. The only thing is that you do not get Choice points if you pay a discount price. I think any stay should count toward points. The hotel could use a little modernizing (need a new TV in rooms) and a little makeover on the outside and a little sprucing up (which is why it gets four stars instead of five), but we enjoy staying here and have never been disappointed. It is easy to find, right off the highway and you can get right on I-81 or Route 11 and go up and down the Valley for some great shopping, craft shows and good food. Be sure to eat at the Southern Kitchen (1950s era family restaurant) in downtown New Market while you are in town!

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VAvisitor
Thank you for your detailed review. We strive to make our guests stay a pleasant one. Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated!!
Chestertown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I booked a room here as a halfway stop on my way home from a Virginia Tech football game. The booking price was a little high for a Quality Inn, but the location met my needs.

The service is friendly across the board. The rooms are nice size, but the bathroom is tight. The TV is not a flat screen. The room was clean except for some debris in the corner behind one of the chairs. The pillows are small and cheap... like many low end properties seem to be going to. The room was quiet from other room noise.

This property is less 300 feet from I-81... and the second floor rooms are level with the roadway. I-81 has a continuous flow of semi's all night long. So... if you're facing the roadway from a second floor room, you'll be treated to something akin to some noise like an airport is in vicinity... unless the TV, heat or A/C is on.

There is a restaurant on site and gas stations very close by.

Room Tip: IF you're noise sensitive, ask for a room not facing the highway (the east side).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for you review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

First off, all of the Staff was very, very nice,
The hotel is clean but it is quite old and very tired and REALLY due for a makeover! The room was CLEAN and LARGE but again, very old.
Fuzzy old style CRT TV.
I closed the curtains after dark and they were so old that when the sun came up you could actually see through the worn, thin paces, and I'm not talking pinholes either! areas larger than my hand my hand were transparent in a DARK blue curtain! How's that for privacy?
Bathroom was also very clean and very well stocked but also OLD and tired.
For over $120 for a single, I expect a lot better.
I didn't try the restaurant but be aware that because thy have a restaurant on the premises this is one Quality Inn that offers NO free breakfast, just a 20% discount at the place on-site.
I'd stay again if nothing better was on offer because it was clean and, like I said, the staff were especially nice and friendly!

Room Tip: Good luck: Even if you ask for a NON SMOKING room my hallway reeked of cigarettes.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dgpete
Thank you for your review. We appreciated all of our guests comments and suggestions. I do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have looked into the issues of concern and are taking care of them. Thank you for your kind words concerning our staff. Our entire hotel staff strive to make our guests stay a pleasant one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Market
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!