“Don't expect any visitors.”
Review of Endless Caverns

Endless Caverns
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in New Market
More attraction details
Owner description: A cave complex that is still being explored and offers more than five miles of mapped areas.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't expect any visitors.”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

As far as their attractions go, Endless Caverns is okay. It doesn't have the best features, but doesn't have the worst. However, they drastically overcharge for everything - especially visitors. It's $5 per visitor per day, no matter how long (or how short) they're staying. The gravel roads to the campsites are not well-maintained either, and we saw quite a few trucks - even trucks with four-wheel drive - that had trouble getting to their campsites. In fact, someone we were camping with couldn't get their (very new, very capable) truck up the steep hill to the ridiculous site they were assigned, and were reassigned to an even less desirable spot - practically in the middle of campground traffic. I wouldn't recommend this site.

Visited May 2011
4 Thank JMLS2011

Needham, MA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Not as grand as Luray Caverns but interesting all the same. Great fun to see the bats roosting in the cave. The formations are interesting but the final stop is the pinnacle of the tour. Breathtaking and surreal - but I won't ruin your surprise. A great low-key caving experience.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank r0mweis
Hagerstown, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time - Beautiful RV Parksc”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was very impressed by Endless Caverns. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and our site, the bathrooms, and the pool area were all very clean. We arrived late (9:30pm) and we met by someone and taken to our site. He even helped me back into the site which I very much appreciated as it was dark. This campground is on the side of a hill and therefore it is not walking or bike friendly (my son went over his handlebars). But one of the campground hosts will give you rides to your site if you ask and will also deliver firewood and ice to your site and not charge a delivery fee.

And the caverns are FABULOUS! Our tour guides name was Becca and she was great at her job. We got to see bats and my children really enjoyed that. We had a wonderful weekend.

1 Thank Andrea A
Odenton, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Campground OK for Big Rigs. Terrible for smaller units...”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We made a huge mistake in booking a site at this campground. We were in Luray for a wedding and booked the site a few weeks before our stay. The day before we were supposed to leave, I realized I hadn't checked the "late checkin" policy. I scoured all the paperwork for the reservation, as well as the website. Not a single mention of a late check-in policy anywhere. I called once and got one answer, and my wife called a got a completely different answer.

Since the campground was a three hour drive, we called and explained that we would be late. "Sorry - I can't let you in past 9pm". Our second answer was 10pm. Being 3 hours away and having worked a full day, there was no way I could make it by the cut-off time, so we called and said we would be arriving a day late.

My fault, and we did pay for the entire day even though we didn't stay. I still find it curious that there was no late arrival policy published anywhere, though the set of rules and policy stretched nearly two pages.

When we arrived early the next morning, we were greeted and shown off to our site. The sites were well groomed, but like another reviewer, we were placed at the top of the hill. This would have been fine for all the other rigs there, but since our unit did not have a shower, we had quite a hike to make it back to the bottom of the mountain to get to the showers/restrooms. I'm not really sure why the sites are chosen the way they are, but there were LOTS of empty sites at the bottom of the hill.

All previous issues aside, the facility was pretty nice. Considering that this campground seems to charge a premium, I wasn't surprised to find that the grounds were visually appealing and well kept. That opinion did not last long though.

After staying for the evening, my wife woke up and made the hike to the bathhouse to take a shower. She found that thought the buildings looked new, the showers and bathroom areas appeared to be unkept. She said the shower was full of hair and the other areas looked like they hadn't been cleaned for quite a while.

I was surprised by this and decided to head down to take a shower myself. I found the men's side of the bathhouse to be equally unclean. Hair and dirt everywhere.

I can't say I'm shocked. Most of the folks staying there had large 5th wheel/Class A/Class C campers. They showers probably aren't used since these units usually have full bathrooms.

Either way, I expected a lot more for the premium cost. We could have stayed in a hotel right in Luray for what we paid to camp at Endless Caverns. What a let-down!

8 Thank shanewolfe
Erie, Pennsylvania
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“great cavern”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Loved this cavern, Very nice and well done tour. Seeing the bats sleeping inside was awesome.