“Nice setting”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped off for some lunch on a trip around the sights of the Battle of the Bulge. Manager was very friendly and food was good. However, young waiter pretended he didn't understand when I tried to order a Coke which was a little irritating. Just shows how the smallest things can blight a good experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Firstly let me clarify that since we visited during winter time, we did not have the opportunity to sit outside; the restaurant certainly is very well placed next to the river and sure enough, has a nice view. indoors however though not too badly decorated, we found that the tables were too close to one another and this on a crowded saturday afternoon (15.00-17.00) posed a significant issue. We were eating while next to us an old couple was sipping coffe all the while staring at us annoyingly trying to figure out what language we were speaking. The food gets mixed reviews, while the soup of the day (lentil soup) was great, my dish of veal was just average and my girlfriend's scampi were absolutelly soaked in oil and horrible. Overall a less than satisfying experience foodwise and a bit of a dissapointment considering the very nice location

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We spend a couple of hours in this brasserie (not really a restaurant) on a snowy Sunday afternoon in January. It's not haute cuisine but you can have a decent snack, along with a beer (I would recommend the Triple Karmeliet they have on tap). The owner and staff are very friendly and joked around with us and the other patrons. And you can't beat the location, on the river Ourthe with a magnificent view of the Medieval Castle!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I chose this restaurant from the reviews on Trip Advisor. The young woman who seated us and attempted to take our order was beyond rude. Clearly we didn't speak French, but we were trying very kindly to understand her and to make ourselves understood. She never made any attempt whatsoever to do the same for us. We were able to order drinks, which she brought over. Once she sat the drinks down she kept speaking very quickly in French, stating in English, "I will only speak French". Not a problem, so long as you make a small effort to try to communicate with us. We had asked if we might have a moment longer to peruse the menu, she only glared at us and acted as if we were causing her immense displeasure. This all occurred around 6 pm, and the restaurant only had two other patrons inside. The restaurant is located across from a WWII museum. I did not expect her to speak English, I only expected common courtesy - which we very warmly received at another restaurant (in which the waitress also did not speak English - but we were able to communicate without trouble) just down the street.

1  Thank Yogijen
Reviewed July 13, 2012

You cannot go to Belgium without sampling a dish of mussels, and where better to do this than sitting by the river Ourthe on the terrace of this friendly restaurant, the helpings are enormous,I was unable to finish mine, but I look forward to sampling some of their other dishes on a future occasion. The staff are very helpful and speak good English.