“Still great”

Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch today .which was great not been to this restaurant for about a year however it was still just great .If you like steak or ribs then this is the place for you .I had spring lamb which melted in the mouth .whatever you have you will not be disappointed the cooking is on the open fire with very friendly staff all in all great

There are newer reviews for 't Brigandje

Reviewed August 4, 2013

There are few places on Earth which make me feel at home. This place and it's stuff is surely one of them. I was happy to return here after 2 years!

2  Thank Max K
Reviewed March 7, 2013

After reading about 't Brigandje in a local newspaper we decided to try it and were not disappointed. My husband went for the enormous rack of pork spare ribs and I ordered the rib-eye steak. The service was friendly and the staff spoke good English. In the end we shared the two dishes and they were very good. The steak practically melted in my mouth and was a very generous size, cooked exactly as I had ordered.
We will definately be returning.

1  Thank Expatingent
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We travel long term in a motorhome and don't often stay on campsites, quite often finding a pub or restaurant that will let us park up overnight if we go in for a meal - more fun and better value!

't Brigandje is one of those finds you dream about - an unprepossessing, single storey painted brick farmhouse with a large carpark, and a broken, battered sign advertising beer.

Won't you won't expect as you pass inside is a pristine rural idyll of solid wooden beamed ceilings, exposed brick and stone fireplaces and dark stone flagged floors, all beautifully and elegantly decorated with evocative paintings. There is warm chatter and laughter mingling with the nostril-twitching smell of fresh meat roasting on a wood grill…

Our joy of finding such a superb and atmospheric restaurant was particularly special, as after a long day's travelling we thought our sat-nav was throwing a wobbler, taking us out on a wild goose chase into the middle of the Belgian countryside!

After saying hello and a wash and brush up, we relaxed with a gin and tonic and settled on a T bone steak (Côte-à l'os) with fries and a pepper sauce, washed down with a bottle of Montepulciano. Despite the steaks overhanging the edge of a large dinner plate, I squeezed in a wonderfully light and cinnamon rich apple tart with vanilla ice cream and Sue had some mouth watering passion fruit sorbet.

The bill for this indulgence came to a very reasonable 77 euro. Considering the quality of the perfectly cooked and seasoned steak, and that we were in Belgium, we thought it was bargain. You might get a shock if you order the pork ribs - ready yourself for half the ribcage of a small pig! (you have to cut the ribs yourself).

We retired to our motorhome with the scent of new mown grass flowing through our open window and slept the sleep of the over indulged and privileged.

First class, and will not be forgotten in a hurry!

3  Thank IanandSue_12
Reviewed September 12, 2012

After a rugby match with my friends, they suggested to eat at the "Brigandje". Really good grill (the bigger I've ever seen and the most delicious I've ever tasted!!!), great service, nice staff, clean bathrooms... As they discovered I was Italian, they put Italian music and danced and laughed with us. Amazing experience!!! Thank you for the great dinner and for your pleasantness. See you next time I'll fly to Belgium :-) heel hartelijk bedankt