All reviews winter snow spa slopes ski
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

This is a perfect hotel to stay with kids. We had 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment with everything needed for a 2 week stay. Hotel is located right on the slope. There is a straight pathway to terma spa, which is extremely convenient as well!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2017

I must say I was very impressed by the package I got from Wetzlgut.

First I was fortunate that the staff had upgraded my stay to a double bed room with a super view of the mountains.

Second - I had the Felsentherme included in my price. Felsentherme is a big spa located right in the centre of Bad Gastein with many pools, saunas and jacuzzis.
You can actually walk from the chalet to the Felsentherme in your bath robes through a dedicated sky walk. Very luxurious.

Third :- Breakfast was included and it was sehr gut. You could order one item from the menu and also gorge on the buffet. The cheese omelet was made with super sincerity.

Pro
- Right next to the gondola lift station stubnerkogel, you can walk with your ski boots on to the lifts without need for any transport
- Very helpful staff
- Super good breakfast, did not try the lunch or dinner but I did see a lot of guests dine
- Try to get the spa included, the access is super easy and nothing like some sauna at the end of a rigorous ski/snowboard run
- There is a room for storing ski equipment, great feature but is also a standard in bad gastein in most hotels
- I found the price very reasonable when compared to the facilities I was offered

Cons
- Complicated room layout, easy to get lost in the property
- Many residents here are for therapy funded by their insurance, makes you feel jealous :)
- Some staff at the reception have good English speaking skills and others can only manage, but all are friendly neverthless
- Since I came to know of the Red bull streets competition was to be held, I extended my stay last minute. As the hotel was fully booked I was offered the single bed room. After staying in a luxurious room for 3 days, the single room wasn't good enough anymore. In fact my review would have been totally different if I had stayed in the single bed room throughout my stay, so pro tip - go for the double bed room.

Room tip: Double room is good but single room not
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank bijucyborg
Reviewed February 22, 2017

Located just next to ski station and wonderful spa. Great service and overall quality. I recommend Wetzlgut for vacation if you really want to rest and have great memories :) You can start skiing straight from the hotel, without even having to walk. Nice and clean apartments, great location and quality. Thank you !

Room tip: Chose room 610, you can start skiing straight from the door, amazing :)
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

We spent a lovely week skiing in Badgastein, and stayed in an apartment in Chalet Wetzlgut. The hotel is very convenient , close to the ski lift, close to the train station and heated tunnel to the Thermal baths.
The apartment was very nice, comfortable beds, nice bathroom with both shower and spa bath tube, small kitchen and a nice balcony with a beautiful view over the mountains.
The set dinner menu was good and there is only a short walk if you want to try some other restaurants.
We strongly recommend Chatlet Wetzlgut for a nice, comfortable skiing stay in Badgastein.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2016

Even you know the Health Insurance pays your stay, somehow one doesn't feel confortable there. In line with earlier review the main buildings and adjacent ones are separated by skywalks and is hard work to go from one to the other or the extensive walk to the therapy area. Plenty of stairs, unless is intended to be part of Therapy, is hard for many of the "Hotel guests" to move around. The new rooms are very good but you lodge there only at extra costs. Staff is very keen to provide a plesant stay but indeed is difficult as you are always consulting the therapy schedule in order to be in time to have your meals. Very positive is the great food quality and presentation.

Date of stay: June 2016