See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2015

We booked over the Internet as I have a cousin living nearby and hadn't seen her in a while. We were delayed and did not arrive until after 10.pm. We got to the hotel and were rather stunned to find only one car in the car park and the large building in darkness. I pushed the door open and directly in front of me was the reception desk with our two room keys and a welcome note. We all proceeded in and were a little cautious and spooked. We found the light switch and proceeded up the stairs. There was a bit of a musty ancient smell which added to the drama of it all.I began to panic thinking what have I done until I opened up the first bedroom door.What greeted us was not what I had expected given that this was a vey old building. Swish modern immaculate rooms with trendy up to date bathrooms.The beds were dry and aired with beautiful plump pillows and quilts. The beds were extremely comfortable and bar the church clock chimbing at 6.00am our rooms were quiet.Jjust before bed I looked out of the window and we had been joined buy a lot more cars in the car park. In the morning we went down for breakfast after our morning run to find a nice continental breakfast served by the owners who were both friendly and helpful. This hotel lies at the end of the valley in very picturesque surroundings and will be heaving in the winter with the skiers but is a lot quieter in the summer. If you like walking I recommend this one as within meters you have some of the best walks in Austria. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed there four nights with family. Rooms are OK, and there is a great and well equipped game center with football, billard, wii- all for free. On the other hand the owners try to save costs in all respect, which looks strange and surprising at this level: no paper in men's room, no soap in rooms, two of three pissoires covered and marked " defekt", always the same breakfast, and very small qties of food on the bufet, - always had to wait for coffee, juice, eggs, etc. Annoying first, then we just joked about these...

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The rooms are very nice and the hotel has a nice flair. Everything seems to be newly renovated. WLAN, billard and sauna are for free, which is nice. The owner tries to create a good atmosphere.
We stayed there with a group of +10 people. Although we booked weeks ago, it seemed to be a problem, because everything was empty: no shower gel, no sugar (mug was filled only on request), in the last evening no beer from tap, than no more beer at all (5 bottles available for our group dinner) and in the end even no more wine. One day we ordered early breakfast at 7am. I have never seen such a poor breakfast before: no sugar, no milk, instant coffee to be prepared by ourselves. Pitty!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The rooms are perhaps a bit basic, but it's comfortable and very clean. And what do you need when you go skiing? - a shower, a good bed and nice food. The bed is good, shower works well and the breakfast is not luxurious with loads to chose from, but nice (bread was good, and then I'm happy). The dinner at the hotel seemed a bit too cheap initially (and sorry to say a Dutch cook made us a little sceptical) - but once we gave it a go we decided it was actually very nice (even the Dutch specialities) and went back - cosy atmosphere and decent home cooked food - again not extravagant and luxurious, but really nice - we enjoyed our meals at the hotel. The couple running the place creates a very friendly atmosphere (but not clingy). What the rooms may lack in atmosphere the lounge in the hotel has. The fire was going every afternoon and there was lots of games. The wines to choose from were not amazing, but not bad and neither were the prices. We initially thought it would be annoying to be so far from Bad Gastein ... But it wasn't. Busses were easy and frequent. It worked very well as a ski holiday destination, and I would choose Hotel Rader again should I decide to go to Bad Gastein. The price for the hotel I thought was a good price.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here almost a week. First impression was super clean bathroom and room.
Of course this is not a 4 or 5 star luxus hotel, but I don't know what more that would bring compared to Rader.

Breakfast was good, a nice choice of fresh baken breads etc. Dinner can be chosen from 2 different 3-course menus with very reasonable price.

Ski room downstairs is easily accessible also from outside with code lock.

Bus stop for skibus only 2 minutes of slow walking, doesn't need to be much closer really.
Skibus to Bad Gastein City center every 30 minutes takes about 10 minutes.

Staff was really friendly. You could really feel that they try do their best. And with success !
Enough room for after dinner to read newspapers or take care of emails and other boring work stuff after skiing day with free WLAN.

Date of stay: March 2014