I could recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and compare it with 2-star hotels and pensions. Not if you are looking for a good 4-star hotel.
Weismayr does not offer the service and facilities you should find in a 4-star hotel, and the information given on the travel agent's website was not entirely correct (Snowtrex). False marketing is not acceptable and somebody ought to sue them. Nevertheless, the most important things for a good ski-holiday were to our liking: a good night's sleep, a good bathroom and a good breakfast. And the price was ok.
Some bad points:
- Uneven standard
- Reception only open 7 am -11 pm.
- Bar never open
- Some guests are placed in a cold apartment building next door (150 m up a slippery slope)
- Our room had no telephone, no hairdryer, no cable-TV, no mini-bar, no coffee-maker, no soap (we got a hairdryer when we asked for it).
- Very old building with several eyesores (kind of charming?)
- No chairs on balcony
- The radiator in our room broke down the first night (woke up in the middle of the night freezing - the rest of the week our room was warm and nice)
Some good points:
- very large room with good beds (medium hard)
- large bathroom (no shower curtain though)
- central location close to the famous waterfall (you must take a bus to the ski-lift)
- good breakfast (by ski-resort standard in this price range)
- good coffee (Scandinavian style)
- dinner well prepared, but very boring (same dessert every night)
- professional and friendly staff in restaurant
- some pretty nice public areas: spa, dining-room, lounge
"A low class hotel in a high class wrapping"
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Weismayr reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weismayr Hotel Bad Gastein