See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2017

In august - slightly out of season - we stopped for refreshment mid-afternoon.
Abruptly informed - no food............ only ice cream.
Disappointed, we had an ice cream (which were very small indeed) and went on our way - disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

A group of 11 of us stayed for a week in March. Overall a nice stay, very comfortable, clean rooms with lovely balconies and a cozy bar. The food was a big let down. Breakfast was fine, everything we needed. We could only book this hotel with dinner. Unfortunately we had to eat out on 3 of the nights as we couldn't face the dinner.

Thanks to Elvis for taking super care of us in the dining room. He is a credit to the hotel.

Great location, bus stop right outside to get to the slopes, it would be about a 15 min walk uphill otherwise.

Would only return if it would be possible to do just B&B.

Bad Gastein is a lovely area, loads of shops/places to eat/bars compared to other ski resorts we have been to.

Wouldn't really recommend for beginners because of the lack of nursery slopes.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed May 23, 2017

The service is quite poor and extremely unresponsive. After having left the hotel I realized that I forgot my shirt in the hotel. I immediately contacted them about it when I came home, but the shirt had somehow disappeared. I was not compensated in any way and the staff didn't even apologize for what had happened. I will never go here again and I can't recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank CFLind
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

I loved this hotel brilliant spacious room very clean and the staff are very pleasant. For skiers bus is right outside the door so very convenient. It only loses a star for because the group dinners in the evening not great but I'd definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

On the plus side: Close to shuttle bus to the ski lifts. Only 5 min away. Ski storage room with access from the street.

On the minus side: The food was terrible. Breakfast was okeish but nothing special (and nothing changing day in - day out) but the food served in the evenings ... uneatable. Meatloaf that was a boiled hamburger? American grill bbq with a thin chicken and a thin beef nuked so hard in a micro you cannot cut them. No, no, no. People getting different dishes? ... What the ... ? ... And iritaded bad service on top of that. Smoking alowed in the bar?? ... No service with a smile from the staff at the counter either. Rooms where ok. But the hotel needs a restauration badly. Very worn.

Thats it!