All reviews waterfall view main building poor choice hotel's pool ski shuttle hotel is located excellent food every morning gown slippers bath spa lift skiing cleanliness pros cons
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2019

Stayed in this hotel for 1 week in January 2019. The hotel is located in a beautiful area, just next to the church and opposite the waterfall. The ski bus stops right at the hotel door and it is a big advantage as otherwise you have to climb up to get to the ski lifts.
Room was OK, we had a view to the waterfall which makes a loud noise of course but that can not be influenced. The room was over-heated however, so - needed to open the window all the time and try to sleep in the loud noise of waterfall.
Good breakfast, tasty but could change at least some days, otherwise all the time the same. We had HB, so also enjoyed dinner - was also good and tasty, every day different menu. Good value for money!
There is a sauna + pool in the hotel but the water in the pool was quite cold, so did not really enjoy that. Only used the whirlpool Jacuzzi.
The staff were trying to be helpful but somehow did not leave much of an impression, they were very reserved and not too active to serve the best. For example, we were 3 persons but almost every morning there were just 2 sets of tableware on the table and only after reminding that we need 3 sets, it was added. But as it is same table for each room every day ... I was expecting the staff to recognize this themselves ...
Overall - a good hotel, nothing wow factor, but good.

Room tip: Rooms with a view to waterfall are very loud.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2018

from my experience ( and it's been at least 20 years) I met lot of hotel but what is really matters in the end it's the whole impression and not just - television was old and etc.If people go to vacation to watch tv ... what can you say about them ?
OK. The room - big and spacious ,yes with old furniture - so what? you are not staying in a hotel for it's furniture- if it so - go to museum.Yes , tv is old - but as I said earlier...excellent food breakfast and specially dinners ! wow ! very clean hotel.Location is very good - easy to go to hike and close to ski lifts.on the main way.thanks to charming Charlotte for her willness to help everyone . Thanks to the manager - very nice guy ! They all together with the stuff trying to make our stay on the best way !
thanks again !

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Artur1977
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I arrived late at night, found that my room was very cold after spending a night in uncomfortable scenario since they do not man the reception beyond 10pm I called at 7:30 they tell me a technician is coming, I call again at 9:20 this person did not know about my complaint but a technician is coming. After 10:15 I go down and told the technician comes to reception not the room (but of course this I should have guessed that) so they say nothing they can do fully booked. They they tell me after I call to inquire as to availability of another solution they give me this back room not fit for human occupation. I declined and when I told the receptionist that I am more than willing to pay more for a comfortable place a nice room with a view has just opened up they will ready it for me in one hour. I checked out... Clearly no ethical backbone in dealing with customers they were willing to let me sleep in a cold room. By the way if you check in double check that your windows are not letting air in. Overall very disappointing start to my weekend.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located very well (skibus stops directly in front of hotel) what is probably the reason of its high price. Interior is old, like from 1970s. Old fashioned furniture, old and dirty carpet.
Spa could be quite good but there are no rules set, so everybody - children and adults also go to saunas in swimsuits directly from pool so everything is wet. before going in you get gown and slippers but no sheet. Also there is water on the floor from showers so slippers get completely wet too.
Food, I would say, isnt on the level of 4* hotel. Breakfast are good, but everyday the same without any changes. Dinners arent my cup of tea but you can choose from buffet.
Staff was nice. Well, during our stay we didnt miss anything important but I can say we wont go back next year.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2018

The place is very nice but the rooms in Residenz have to be fashioned up. We were three families. I had an apartment which was half cold because the bedroom was on the corner( I think). There is no kitchen hood and the smell spreads in the room. Tv is old and I didn't find the remote. The room doesn't look so clean when we arrived, there was a carpet which it didn't seemed vacuumed. One day and a half the room maid didn't take garbage.
The others found their room dirty. That was the worst thing when arrived, even it was late in the afternoon, The best thing was that the host offered them another superior apartment in the hotel. which was better than those in the Residenz.

Date of stay: February 2018