All reviews waterfall view main building poor choice hotel's pool ski shuttle hotel is located excellent food every morning gown slippers bath spa lift skiing cleanliness pros cons
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I arrived late at night, found that my room was very cold after spending a night in uncomfortable scenario since they do not man the reception beyond 10pm I called at 7:30 they tell me a technician is coming, I call again at 9:20 this person did not know about my complaint but a technician is coming. After 10:15 I go down and told the technician comes to reception not the room (but of course this I should have guessed that) so they say nothing they can do fully booked. They they tell me after I call to inquire as to availability of another solution they give me this back room not fit for human occupation. I declined and when I told the receptionist that I am more than willing to pay more for a comfortable place a nice room with a view has just opened up they will ready it for me in one hour. I checked out... Clearly no ethical backbone in dealing with customers they were willing to let me sleep in a cold room. By the way if you check in double check that your windows are not letting air in. Overall very disappointing start to my weekend.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located very well (skibus stops directly in front of hotel) what is probably the reason of its high price. Interior is old, like from 1970s. Old fashioned furniture, old and dirty carpet.
Spa could be quite good but there are no rules set, so everybody - children and adults also go to saunas in swimsuits directly from pool so everything is wet. before going in you get gown and slippers but no sheet. Also there is water on the floor from showers so slippers get completely wet too.
Food, I would say, isnt on the level of 4* hotel. Breakfast are good, but everyday the same without any changes. Dinners arent my cup of tea but you can choose from buffet.
Staff was nice. Well, during our stay we didnt miss anything important but I can say we wont go back next year.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

The place is very nice but the rooms in Residenz have to be fashioned up. We were three families. I had an apartment which was half cold because the bedroom was on the corner( I think). There is no kitchen hood and the smell spreads in the room. Tv is old and I didn't find the remote. The room doesn't look so clean when we arrived, there was a carpet which it didn't seemed vacuumed. One day and a half the room maid didn't take garbage.
The others found their room dirty. That was the worst thing when arrived, even it was late in the afternoon, The best thing was that the host offered them another superior apartment in the hotel. which was better than those in the Residenz.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is well placed and could be so much better. Antiquated facilities - ( our bedside table still has a built in radio ! )
Complete lack of investment - how about adding a microwave and a toaster and a kettle to the kitchens. Towels the size of postage stamps and an overly sensitive fire alarm that got us up twice in the middle of the night.

When was the last time you saw a tv like this ?

The place would suit those who have never stayed in a hotel and have minimalist expectations.

Curtains don't fit and so the rooms are light when the sun rises - but most importantly it means the rooms are cold when you wake up.

Internet is appalling - completely unreliable.

Sadly because of the lack of accommodation in the town they won't be upgrading anytime soon.

How about coming into a bathroom and finding a bloody plaster in the bath when you've just checked in. No evidence of any cleaners during an 8 day stay

However saving the best until last - the electricity only works when your key (physical metal type ) is in the electric switch - so when you come back everything in the fridge has gone off ( as the sitting room is actually pretty warm )

On the whole the owners need to either refresh or sell up to someone who understands 21st century hospitality rather than being stuck in the 1970s.

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

Pros:
+ ski bus stop right at the entrance;
+ pool and sauna (when works) included in price;
+ cleanliness.
Cons:
- terrible wifi internet quality - everywhere;
- waterfall makes a very big noise, for those who expect mountain silence and peace - forget it, you'll be overwhelmed of the annoying noise; on the other side, you can get the view to the...wall... not the best option as well;
- cheapest rooms are equipped with a very old-fashioned TV's and there is only analog television with a few German speaking channels. There's no local Alps panorama channel even!
- apartment on the 6th floor in the residential building (other than main hotel building) was terrible - dark and very bad organized: kitchen by entrance in the corridor, the bed in the main room occupied all space, dining table almost by the bed, then biggest closet for everybody in one place (there should be a kitchen, not a closet!) There were no any closet for clothes in the bedroom. Nevertheless, bathroom was clean and spacious.
- kitchens in the apartments are very poorly equipped - small refrigerator with broken shelves and no freezer, pan and pot from "grandmas old house" (or that left useless), no normal knife, no oven hood (when you cook - steam and smell everywhere), there is no normal electric kettle even! That's really not common in the age of "ikea" and XXI century. Probably, the owners expect that guests will be forced to eat a hotel's restaurant.
- hotel's bar suggested a very poor choice with empty shelves.
We have payed more and moved from residential building apartment to the apartment in the main hotel building - and it saved our holidays, because after adventurous day in mountains you can relax and go to hotel's pool and sauna in robe and slippers (that was provided in room as well).
To sum up, I would look for the hotel or apartments somewhere in the upper part of the town, nearer ski lifts and further from that beautiful waterfall (it's beautiful only to watch, not to live with).
In general, Sanotel has some advantages, but I don't think, that we'll be back again. Nevertheless, the staff tries to do their best and good luck for them!

Date of stay: January 2018