Hotel Elisabethpark
$223
$107
$97
Agoda.com
Mondi-Holiday Bellevue(Bad Gastein)(Great Value!)
$103
$75
TripAdvisor
Das Regina Hotel(Bad Gastein)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mozart(Bad Gastein)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rader(Bad Gastein)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool and saunacold cutsthe half board packagesmall chargeshuttle servicenice viewbreakfast and dinnertrain stationevery eveningski liftspacious roomski holidaybeautiful hotelwaterfallmountainsslopesinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After a few years visiting different ski resorts in Austria we were drawn back to Bad Gastein this year and the Hotel Elisabethpark. We have stayed at other slightly cheaper hotels in Bad Gastein but the Hotel Elisabethpark is definitely our favourite. After 10 visits we have never been disappointed - the service, cleanliness and food are second to none. The pool and spa facilities are very welcome after a day skiing. The only down side is the location, unfortunately the area at the bottom of the valley has still not been developed but having said that it is quiet at night. Walking to the ski lift is a chore because of the hill but the hotel shuttle bus is excellent. We will definitely return next year!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Penny W
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Even tough the shuttle bus and large rooms are nice it does not rule out the fact that the "service" we received from the owner was horrible. Firstly, the lobby smells like smoke because of a bar right next to it. If you are going to have a smoking bar you should definitely not put it right next to the lobby. The lobby is your first impression of a hotel and should be impecable. The hotel also feels like it has seen better days, it is pretty run down and feels like a throw back to the 70s (but not in a good way). After our check in hell broke lose and that is when the whole stay got ruined. The locks to the rooms are traditional metal keys. In my parents room somebody had pulled hard on a locked door and broke the whole lock. The door did not even shut all the way and was impossible to lock. We brought this to the front desks attention and after a long wait some maintenance guys came up. They soon realized that it was beyond an easy fix. My dad then went downstairs to change the room. The hotel owner then approached him and demanded him to pay 250 EUR since the lock was broke. My dad explained to him that it was broken when we got there. The owner then said that they had checked the room 3 hours before our arrrival and since it was fine then it was obviously our fault. We could not believe that he was actually trying to blame it on us and on top of it charge ous money for it. The right approach from somebody with at least minor customer service skills would have been to appologize and upgrade my parents to a better room. Instead we spent our first hour at the hotel arguing with him. The lock on our room was also a little busted but not as bad as the one in my parents room. I showed this to the owner and I think he then maybe realized that it was not our fault. It obviously would not make sense to try to break into your own room especially when you have a key in your hand. As a side note this obviously also shows the condition that the hotel is in. If you can break into a hotel room by just pulling hard enough on the door it does not feel very safe. The owner still argued with us explaining that he was a business man and somebody had to pay for it. After a lot of discussions and us explaining that unhappy guests could be a lot more expensive for him he finally kind of came to his sensed. I told him I thought he should appologize to my dad, which he did. But the new room they got was actually a lot smaller than the first one. As a way of compensating us he tried to offer us free gluhwein in the lobby. The funny thing was that it was offered to all guests so we just laughed at him and told him ridiculous that idea of a compensation was. The next day he gave my parents a bottle of red wine which could have been a fair compensation if it would have been a minor issue. But we feelt like he treated us really bad and after his treatment I just wanted to turn around and walk away right on the spot because I feelt so abused. The last day he gave my dad a business card with a ridiculous pin in it. Apperently it was the weapon of Bad Gastein and he made it sound like a big deal. When in fact it was a cheap promotional item that they probably handed out left and right at a silly convention center in the shadier parts of Salzburg.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JesperB356
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Okey hotel with large and clean rooms. Good beds and baths. The swimming area and spa is good. Could have had more things to do for kids and active parents like pingpong or other activities. Internet did not work as there was a maximum limit of guests to use the internet. Finally when we got logged on the internet it was soooo slow..
The price of the stay was disappointing as it was almost double of what booking/ hotels.com told us in advance. The hotel charged extra for kids more than 8 years and 12 years etc… The whole of Bad Gastein is worn out and not as cosy as we hoped for. Althoug skiing in Sportgastein was really good. The food in the hotel was OK, but not any better. We hoped for Austrian gemutlichkeit but ended up with feeling of Moscow. The russian owner tried his best to make guest comfortable, but I have been to Austrian familyhotels earlier who gives better and more genuine service than this...

Room Tip: Rooms to the back with less noise than in front… unless you get a room over the kitchen area..
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed a week here in Feb 2014. The rooms are nice and spacious. The common areas are comfortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. The hotel shuttle to the Stuberkogelbahn ski lift is pretty convenient. Halfboard dinner is buffet every night and somewhat bland and monotonous.

Room Tip: Try getting a room in front, where you should have a good view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank James D F
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just returned from a week here with Crystal. The hotel is located at the bottom of the resort and the climb up the hill to the main ski area was so steep it is not for anyone with mobility issues. The hotel does run a shuttle bus each evening and morning which is efficient and free, takes you to the hill and brings you back at night. The hotel is not modern but is clean the rooms are spacious and the beds comfy. All the staff are friendly and helpful and they decorated my table and gave me cake on my birthday.The hotel corridors have no carpets and the stone floors echo every noise and as the room doors open outwards when closing them the bang is like being in a cell! . Some guests were in large groups, were so noisy it was at times deafening. The food at breakfast is fine with a good selection, but the evening meals are a bit like school dinners. Big heated burners with stew and veg or fish option. We did eat out a couple of times for variety and a bit of steak.The sauna area gets very busy around 5pm, and some days there were no chairs round the pool. There is no hot tub, but 3 saunas and a steam room. if you wish to get a fresh robe during your stay you are charged 5 euros which is a bit steep. The manager serves punch between 4 and 5 and cares about his guests. We did have one problem with kids throwing food from the balconies when we all came back at night but you could get this anywhere. Not a lot going on at night, and I said earlier quite a trek to get to any other apres ski activity, although there is a billiards room ( small charge). Wifi was an issue as it does not reach the rooms so most guests took to the stair wells to search the internet. Pizza café adjacent and they provided a lovely cake for my birthday.The area around the hotel is a little run down with a lot of closed buildings but the waterfall just next door which is impressive.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a small park but are smaller than the rooms at the front. If you at the back you need a high floor to get any view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends