All reviews soup fire pit yoga classes spa area comfortable beds schnitzel breakfast buffet hotel is located star hotel every morning stylish valley alpine sauna austria skiing crafted
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to Miramonte and the hotel continues to have its magical charm. The food and staff were amazing and nothing was a problem. The hotel offers a cool chic 1970’s vibe with its wonderful coffee books on display and very comfortable beds to return to after skiing. What makes the hotel is the friendly and helpful staff, its chill out lounge, and beautiful views of the Mountains. We were a very large party and the hotel made every effort to accommodate us. Thank you Miramonte for a wonderful week with you.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
LisaMM1008, Manager at Hotel Miramonte, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Emily! THANK YOU LOADS!!! For your stay with us, for your happy group spirit, for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you and your family and friends again next year.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We visited Bad Gastein in august and our stay at this awesome hotel could not have been any better. Loved the atmosphere and facilities! The hotel was stylish and cozy. They offered healthy and fulfilling breakfast including home made green juice, hummus, other vegan pastes, fresh bread, tasty cold cut & cheese selection, just to mention some. They also had vegan and gluten free options available. All the outdoor activities were behind the corner and on a rainy day the hotel spa and yoga were there for you.

Reception staff was always happy to give some tips about biking/hiking routes. Yoga classes were held every morning and evening and the instructor was super cheering and professional! Only minus comes from having maybe too little staff working at the restaurant in the mornings/evenings. Everyone was friendly but they were too busy to give their best, i’d say.

All in all the experience was super! Would recommend for anyone appreciating beautiful surroundings, great quality food and easily reachable great outdoor activities!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Miramonte is a mix of modern and vintage design. They have quite successfully used old furniture and decor to bring the hotel to the 21st century. However, not all the dots connect in this place, and it leaves some room for improvement.

The hotel is located close to the center of Bad Gastain. It should be noted that it is not easy to drive to the hotel, there are some very steep curves and hills before you get there. Also, parking space is very limited and you must master parallel parking. You can walk to the city center in about 10 minutes.

We had booked a budget double room, so we were happy to discover that it was very spacious with a sitting area and a large bathroom. No view though, but that was expected from a budget room.

The breakfast was ok with fresh juices and bread etc., but was lacking in hot dishes. They will make you an omelet, though, if you ask for it but this is not advertised in any way! The dinner on the other hand was something else completely... After reading the exellent reviews, we decided to have dinner at the hotel. After we had eaten, I actually had to check the reviews and double-check that we were at the same place! Based on our experience, the food was mediocre at best, and bland and uninspired in general. It’s a fixed menu that costs 30 euro/person. For that price I would expect something special, but what we got was nothing more than lunchtime diner quality. It was a true dissapointment. The service was ok but kind of akward.

And that brings us to the shortfalls of the Miramonte. It is supposed to be a four star design hotel. Well, it is not. Firstly, it’s very hard to tell hotel staff from guests. They seem to be all over the place working on different roles, and they don’t have any clothing or name tag or anything that would help in recognizing who is working there. I’m sure there is some great ”we are all friends and equals here” type of philosophy behind this, but it’s just confusing. All the staff members were kind and accomodating, but it’s embarssing to mistake a fellow guest to a staff member!

The hotel has limited written information available in English, and e.g. when we arrived we received a bunch of leaflets and booklets but no overall verbal description of services available. So there might have been more services available, but we just weren’t informed about them. What we do know is that there is no minibar or fridge, in-room A/C or safe, laundry service, room service etc. This would be expected in a 4 star hotel. The amenities/toiletries are limited to big bottles of shampoo and soap in the bathroom.

The wellness and sauna area is nice, although it should be noted that like in all Austria, sauna is naked and both genders. We didn’t have a chance to try the yoga or massage.

In general I guess our expectations were based on all the positive reviews we had read online, but for us they weren’t really met. The Miramonte seems to have its fans, but I’m afraid we wont become those for the lack of services and attention to the detail that was missing.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Miramonte has a unique style, and there are so many positive things about it which make your stay stimulating and special. The interior has a retro feel, a little bit like being transported back to a late 1960’s film set, and the rooms, bar and dining area are really relaxing spaces. The terrace is wonderful too, either during the day or in the evening when the fire pit is lit. True, it is a little bit frayed round the edges, and our room showed signs of wear and tear, but this didn’t detract from its charm, and we really enjoyed our stay there.

The food is excellent, with a thoughtful, modern four course menu in the evening and a breakfast buffet which is simply stunning. When so many restaurants in Austria seem to be a conveyer belt of frittatensuppe and schnitzel, it was great to experience the creative skills of a chef who cooks wonderful local ingredients with flair and imagination. We were out hiking during the day, so unfortunately we never got to experience the soup and cake on offer in the afternoon, but I’m sure these would have been delicious too.

The hotel is a ten minute walk from the centre of Bad Gastein, which seems to look back nostalgically to its heyday, but it’s much more fun hanging out at Miramonte, which has its own unique and modern spirit. It is a great starting point for some amazing mountain walks, and we made the most of these, but you could spend all day lounging in the bar area or the terrace, working your way through the carefully curated library of art and design books on offer, and never get bored.

The staff were, with one unfortunate exception, friendly and extremely helpful. Whether it was the girls at reception, the girls who worked the breakfast tables, the kitchen staff or the amazing hiking guide, they simply could not do enough for you. However, and this is the reason my review is titled ‘Nearly Perfect’, there was one individual, a fair-haired girl who worked as a barmaid and waitress, who unfortunately was not a very good ambassador for the hotel, and responded to courteous requests as if she was doing you the biggest favour in the world. She might like to think about looking for a job she’d enjoy doing, because she certainly doesn’t seem to enjoy serving guests, but if she’s going to hang around could I suggest she takes a leaf out of her colleagues’ book, because they’ve got it nailed. As the old saying goes, civility costs nothing.

Overall though, a really tremendous stay, and we have so many great memories of our time there. Keep on doing what you’re doing, because you do it very well, and hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nenad S, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Miramonte, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Bhunabhoy,

Thank you very much for your nice lines about Miramonte and your fair comment on improvement. We are giving our best to make each stay for our guests unique and an all-round experience. Eventhough, we don't always achieve to be perfect... but we're working hard :)

Hope to see you around again... By then one step ahead and closer to fully shine our light!

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

This has to be one of my best hotel stays in the last couple of years. If there's any compiling reason for me to come back to Bad Gastein, it has to be Miramonte and it's wonderful staff.

It's rare for me to feel sad when I leave a place, and this hotel managed to pull that heart string.

I will miss the warmth and care that every staff showered upon me. I will miss the fantastic breakfast, tea and dinner; I've been to many Michelin restaurants and I could taste the passion & love for good food here. I will miss the awesome view of the valley and mountains outside my room. I will miss the quality bath lotions, and shampoo. I will miss the fast internet connection. I will miss the onsen, spa and massage. I will miss everything that this hotel represents.

I hope to return one day. All the best!

Date of stay: May 2018