All reviews indoor playground ski school spa area great hotel ice rink family vacation gala dinner kids menu families with kids family hotel classical music very nice stay shuttle bus steam room ski room tennis cinema
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2019

One week ago we returned from our family vacation in Sonngastein hotel. We chose this hotel for the second time, as the first time we went (4 years ago) we all felt very very well there. Both times we came as group of 2 big families. We - adults - appreciated the friendliness of the hotel staff, short distance from the Angertal ski center (which we found sufficient for our needs and skills and went there daily - it is just a few km away. We used our own cars to get there, while our friends used the shuttle to the station (and a bus) and still found it comfortable enough), great food, spa area, and the peace after breakfasts and dinners when the kids just couldn't wait to go to the great kids' arena to play :-). Our daughter just started to discover the beauty of ice-skating and loved the ice-skating ring behind the hotel. When I wrote that the hotel has everything, I meant it. You can rent skates of any size, different types of sledge, rollerblades (in the big arena), various table games and many many others, all free of charge. There is also very well maintained tennis court and cozy gym and fitness. The hotel also organises program for their guests every day - you can attend lessons of yoga, zumba, torch hiking tour, group skiing tour and many others. Unfortunately we did not manage to take any advantage of these as we were with 3 kids. Close to the entrance to the hotel there is a very nice and cozy relax zone with "library" and beautiful chimney. I wish I had time to spend more time there :-).
I must not forget to praise all the hotel staff, especially Mr Zechner and waiters from the restaurant - they always do their best to answer all the guest needs.
Thank you, we will surely be back soon :-).

Room tip: When doing the reservation, the administration always send graphic photos of the rooms which correspond with the reality 100 %.
Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Global647214
Reviewed January 18, 2019

Our family loved the hotel. Good coffee and good food and wonderful atmosphere is always what you can expect in the hotel!They gave us opportunity to stay with our dog. The staff offered us to make special food for the dog which we really appreciated. The hotel is definitely dog friendly and worth recommending.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018

We had a beautiful week at Sonngastein. The facilities are amazing, and there are so many fun things to do with the hotel and in the surrounding areas. We will definitely go back! My kids all found something to do, and my parents who were with us also enjoyed their week of great accommodations, service, food, surroundings, and amazing people.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018

We had the pleasure of staying once again in the family hotel SONNGASTEIN. Once again we found out that it was a very good choice! The owners Renate and Axel and all staff are trying to make our holiday a wonderful experience. Examples: - owners who care for a very good atmosphere(greetings for AXEL), - delicious food, - always nice and helpful staff, - a lot of snow, - wellness zone, - good old friendly Wuschel.

Family Michalik

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Our family loved this hotel.
We had a wonderfully spacious room with two separate bedrooms for the children. The bathrooms were a bit small and basic compared to the rest of the room.
The common areas are really nice. Lovely bar and library. Food and wine were excellent and catered very well for vegetarians.
Ski school and transfers worked very well, bravo Josef.
Play area is a kids paradise. We have stayed in the Kinder hotels before. Sonngastein especially the restaurant is more formal. At times our rowdy boys were chastised by a particular waiter which my husband and I found a bit strange. I’ll put it down to the waiter having a bad day.
Even though I had an unfortunate accident on the slopes resulting in a broken arm I will have only fond memories of Sonngastein and look forward to our return.

Date of stay: March 2018