“Incredible”

Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Granada
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Words can not describe what a wonderful oasis this hotel is. Beautiful garden with a pool, rooms that are cleaned daily, wonderful staff, and excellent restaurant. You could spend your whole trip in this hotel. Or make it your home base and do small trips in the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have to say we had a Wonderful time at our stay at Hotel Granada. We were there in August 2012, we stayed 4 days in Granada and 4 days at El coco Beach... Hotel Granada was great, the staff was very friendly, the hotel was clean and safe and we loved the colonial charm. I read many reviews about hard beds... I myself prefer a firm bed, so I was not put off by this. We had no issues with bugs. The hotel is at the end of the main strip and quiet in the evenings. We were able to walk the strip even in late hours with no issues. Food was great in the town, breakfast in hotel was fair. While in Granada, we did a tour of the small islands in Lake Nicaragua and we went to Masaya Volcano National Park, the easiest of the volcano tours... Back to the hotel, Pool, Pool, Pool!!! If you are in Granada in August, you will want that pool. the pool was beautiful, large and the wait staff attentive. No complaints... plenty of Victoria beer on hand! There was also some sort of Horse festival going on, a surprise to us, but plenty of local flair! Really cool event, glad we were able to experience some of the local traditions! When I return, I would have no problem staying here.

Room Tip: Room 303, bottom level, cool and quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kobegracie
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I last visited Granada Hotel in 2005 just as it had changed owners and I am amazed at its transformation. Additions such as a bell tower and a callejon Andaluz add to its colonial charm. The rooms are bigger and full of charm as well as A/C’d.
The pool is a serene setting surrounded by luscious gardens.
Enjoyed a wonderful pasta a la vodka with a nice wine pairing (suggested by the mgr) at the air conditioned terraced bar and restaurant which faces the calzada and a beautiful old church. For breakfast, the coffee was spot on (I had a hard time finding a good cup of coffee in a lot of places in Nicaragua) and the fruit salad was fresh and plentiful. I would definitely come back to Hotel Granada next time I’m in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

While the room was merely adequate, clean with good A/C. I would give a positive review to Hotel Granada because the pool was such an excellent oasis from the heat. It is a huge pool with nice chairs and umbrellas, was clean without too much chlorine. The staff was totally overworked, there is a huge bar behind the pool which was not staffed, so every time someone would order a drink or snack the waiter had to walk more than 100 yards to the hotel restaurant and mix the drink himself behind the bar. The hotel is located fairly far from the central square, probably a mile or so, but it is on the main drag so you pass most of the restaurants, shops and bars when walking to the square. It is close to the lake, I am not sure that the lake has much appeal, pretty murky and dank.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Healdsburg, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here with a group, and had a chance to see several rooms, and was fortunate to get an airy roomy room on the second floor. The rooms I saw on the first floor were definitely two star. Not at all luxurious, or what I would have chosen had I been on my own however. Did not see a room like that shown in the photo.

They do have a nice breakfast, however, and friendly happy hour bar. The hotel is located on the main walking street with many tourist restaurants and shops, etc, however it is at the far end of the street, and quite a walk up to the main square (15-20 min?). On the plus side you are closer to the lake shore in the other direction.

Room Tip: Try for an upstairs room, larger and more airy
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

The place is nice, beautiful colonial structure, great location, and the pool was ok (except for the too-much-chlorum situation)

The bad thing is the HORRIBLE service in the pool area and the guy in the front desk. This ruins it all.

• Stayed April 2014
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed for 3 days/nights in what I consider a good size room. Front desk staff was very polite; waiters were more than serviceable during breakfast. Spent time in the pool and to my surprise not too many people were taking advantage - I mean with the hot temps and the humidity I didn't want to get out of the water. I had a good experience at this hotel and with it being on the Calzada, I would book my next stay here on my next visit

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends